3800 problems on start up!!!!

C

CurlysGTP

Hey fellas I have some problems on start up every once i a while.Here it goes every once in a while when I try to start up my car I turn the key & it starts to crank over it starts then just dies I do this like three times then it will start up once the car is running my gas mileage resets everything resets but the oil life and right know I try to start it & it wants to die but I press on the gas & it will crank over.I was wondering if u guys could help me out to tell me what it is .thanks

I

imported_GraFFix

I had the same thing...my problem was the alternator it wasnt charging the battery enough at times and was intermitent. when the car was running it was only charging at around 10-11v

My guess is your alternator is going and might even kill your battery to. Start the car and test the battery with a multimeter see what the volts are at.

Could also be a bad ground to the battery, bad battery itself. But id bet money that your alternator is on the way out.

C

CurlysGTP

I had the same thing...my problem was the alternator it wasnt charging the battery enough at times and was intermitent. when the car was running it was only charging at around 10-11v

My guess is your alternator is going and might even kill your battery to. Start the car and test the battery with a multimeter see what the volts are at.

Could also be a bad ground to the battery, bad battery itself. But id bet money that your alternator is on the way out.
[/b]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
    Participants list