3800 HUD question

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the HUD dimming.. Mine goes out so dim you can bearly tell if it is on. Anyways, I checked the connections and they are pushed in so tight theres no more room for it to go.. Is there anywhere you can have them sent out?? Anyone know about pricing to fix or even replace.. Thanks guys... :)

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
there is a photocell with a bad solder in the HUD assembly itself. you will have to disassemble the HUD assembly and re-solder the connections.
it should look something like this
cds_photocell.jpg

if you need a pic of where the photocell is in the HUD i can post when i get home from work.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So I finally got that piece off lastnight and took everything apart.. There was a lot ic dust so I cleaned everything.. Also, I did not solder anything, I just pushed everything tightly and re connected to my car without the case just to make sure it would still work.. Then I noticed that there was a small sparkin the actual part that shines the display.. I pushed the 2 small prong/clip things down more then BOOM... My HUD got bright as hell.. I bent them down so far to make sure everything was touching.. Sofar it has not dimmed a bit.. Big thanks to BikrBoy 128 and Royal GTP for all your help..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info