Addict
Nov 2, 2008
:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

worldseriescubs2el4.jpg

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Rigged.

Why should the Cubs win the World Series when they can fill a stadium AND continue to lose?

On the other hand why SHOULDNT the Sox win the World Series, when they had (and somewhat still have) a problem getting a good percentage of seats filled (not bought, filled).
[/b]

cubs fans are too busy getting drunk to know or care how bad their team is losing.

and that one world series is still one more than the cubs are ever gonna win

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
1st cub game i went to was this summer agaisnt the reds.. we sat right behind the bulpen for the reds and guess what about 3 people had heart attacks in thier seats... what old fans they cant bare to watch thier team lose again.. cubbies aint going any where.. sorry guys... find something good to blame it on this year and bitch for the nexts 5 yrs

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
Wow that's a good one
[/b]

Wow, your a douchebag!! Good game last night!! Good thing Lou pulled Zambrano after 6 innings to get some rest for game 4 :lolsign: It's just a shame there will not be one!! ;)
[/b][/quote]

What an insult!! Did you think about that one all by yourself?

It's ONE game.

Not worried at all.

All we have to do is take ONE tonight and the 2 at Wrigley will bring us to the NLCS.

Keep going guys!! This is fun. LOVE IT.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
SOMEONE BUST OUT THE BROOM!!

Cuz the CUBS are going to get swept by a far superior team. LOL!!

Cubs..
batting under .178
era over 4.xx
Cubs Hitters have struck out more than 14 times in 2 games.

If this isnt a choke I dont know what is.
Talk about sputtering!!

Well there is always next year!

And the Sox well plain and simple they just sucked! So their are no excuses for them And I admit it.

choke_full.gif

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
SOMEONE BUST OUT THE BROOM!!

Cuz the CUBS are going to get swept by a far superior team. LOL!!

Cubs..
batting under .178
era over 4.xx
Cubs Hitters have struck out more than 14 times in 2 games.

If this isnt a choke I dont know what is.
Talk about sputtering!!

Well there is always next year!

And the Sox well plain and simple they just sucked! So their are no excuses for them And I admit it.

choke_full.gif

[/b]
somebody needs to p-shop a cubs hat on that pic :lol:

xplicitt

Regular
Nov 11, 2008
I hate Jay Marriotti, but this article is great!!

October 5, 2007
BY JAY MARIOTTI Sun-Times Columnist
PHOENIX -- Don't tell me about 1969, Leon Durham or the Bartman game. In the perpetual tragicomedy of America's most futile sports team, nothing -- and I mean nothing -- would be more humiliating than to lose a playoff series as pathetically as the Cubs are losing to the Arizona Diamondbacks. To call this a choke job would be an insult to stranglers everywhere.

What the Cubs are doing is buckling under the pressure of more variables than they can handle. They are wound so tightly, they're visibly suffocating against a young, smart team with less than half the payroll, one-tenth the national profile and 10 times the heart. I'd been referring to the D-Backs as the Milli Vanillis of the baseball playoffs, but after two games of a series that seems dead and done, the D-Backs are the snakes hiding in the weeds.

And the Cubs are the frauds who don't belong, apparently more than ready to add another sickly chapter to their gloom-and-doom existence.

A night after Lou Piniella erred in yanking Carlos Zambrano prematurely, Thursday brought the wicked unraveling of Ted Lilly. If the Cubs go on to turn a would-be Wrigley party into a funeral, the lingering snapshot will be of Lilly violently whipping his glove to the pitcher's mound, Zambrano-like, after throwing a high fastball that Chris Young jacked for a three-run homer. That is the same Chris Young who'd be playing center field on the South Side if the White Sox hadn't traded him for Javier Vazquez, giving Sox fans some satisfaction in indirectly damaging the Cubs. But the biggest image was Lilly losing his cool and crashing in a four-run second inning, on a night when so many teammates would lose their cool, focus and intensity.

``He was fighting himself out there. I've never seen a pitcher throw a glove like that on the mound,'' said Lou Piniella, somehow managing a little chuckle. ``I think the catcher (rookie Geovany Soto) called for a breaking ball -- I think that was it. He threw a high fastball, and the kid put a good swing on it. What are you gonna do?''

I don't know. Cry, maybe?

Remember when Moises Alou threw a fit after the Bartman play? Way to set a tone, Ted. There was the normally unflappable Derrek Lee, whipping down his helmet. There was the $136 million man, Alfonso Soriano, admiring his first hit of the series as it bounced off the outfield wall -- and being held to a single because he loafed. There was Aramis Ramirez, a beaten man, swinging and whiffing again and again. I cannot sugarcoat or softpedal how awful the Cubs look. They are playing like quitters, imposters, losers. And all you need to know about their immediate future: Fifty teams have fallen behind 0-2, and only seven have returned to win a best-of-five series.

``A lot of long faces and bad body language,'' commented Mark Grace, once the king of Cubdom and now a D-Backs broadcaster. ``I'm seeing a lot of heads hanging, guys looking at their toes instead of being on their toes.''

Not that there's any tension in this franchise or anything, but I think the little cub inside the traditional ``C'' logo is wearing a straitjacket. As if it isn't hellish enough carrying the burden of 99 championship-less years, legions of masochistic fans, Ron Santo, Bartman, Bill Murray, the rest of the celebrity sector and the entire Nation of Cubdom, the Cubs also bear the weight of an ungodly sum of money spent on their roster since last offseason: $400 million, to be blunt. We even have a Fox executive, Ed Goren, saying life as we know it won't be complete unless the Cubs and Red Sox play in the World Series.

May I offer him Indians-Rockies instead?

Until the Cubs actually reach a Series, how can any sane person start trotting out championship scenarios? Obviously, it didn't stop the giddier precincts of baseball America from suggesting Next Year finally had arrived after a century's wait, a campaign built more on typically blind Cubbie hope than reasoned logic. In particular, you can feel the Tribsters and their various offshoots -- newspaper, TV, radio -- almost trying to will the Cubs to glory, aching to prove that the company really does have a clue about baseball after 27 years of blunderous ownership.

All of which reminds us that the lovable-losers thing is stale, oh-so-'80s bunk. At this point, if the Cubs fall short and break hearts again against a no-name team with a $52 million payroll, they're going to be neurotic losers. The stress surrounding this team is palpable, with so many people around the world apparently dependent on the Cubs for their total happiness and wholeness in life.

The burden is about to unnerve them, break them, make them crack.

``You have to answer the questions. You're gonna get them,'' Lee said about the futile past and hopeful present. ``But it's something you can't concern yourself with. We have no control over it. We're here in 2007, trying to win a championship. We concern ourselves with what we can handle.''

Piniella has been patient most of the year with banter concerning all things Cubbie. Last week, he embraced the past. Here in the playoffs, he's loathing it. Maybe the veins weren't quite exploding from his neck region, but if you looked closely before Game 2, the chain he wears to promote blood circulation was just about choking his Adam's Apple. That's how blown away he was that the evil media, local and national, had criticized him for yanking an effective Zambrano after six innings and 85 pitches Wednesday. Suddenly, his old perch in the October broadcast booth sounded much safer than the most thankless job in sports.

``Look, when you manage a baseball team ... how many guys are in this room?'' said Piniella, surveying dozens of reporters in the Chase Field interview quarters. ``Count 'em. That's how many managers there are in here. I understand the process. Everyone has their ideas. The only problem is, when you do it in here, it's after the fact -- not during or before.''

By comparison, the Diamondbacks are relaxed and having a good time, perhaps too raw and unaccomplished to feel autumn pressure. Manager Bob Melvin didn't sound the least bit fazed about a weekend assignment at Wrigley. ``Now that we've got a couple under our belt, our expectations keep raising,'' he said. ``Being able to take two here is huge.''

Said Piniella: ``Let's see what happens in our home ballpark. We've got our home fans. We'll go from there.''

If the Cubs cast a pall over the zoo, turning 99 seasons of fear on the wall to 100, will Cubdom ever recover? Having millions of fans isn't much fun if they can't be rewarded at least once a century. And the shame of it is, the Cubs had a possible break ahead in the next series. It's dangerous to draw October assumptions when the St. Louis Cardinals, winners of 83 regular-season games last year, won the Series. But the Colorado Rockies, up 2-0 over the Phillies, are beatable.

Too bad the Cubs are beating themselves.

Choking, gagging and regurgitating all over themselves.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info