3800 Hubs and control arms

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
Thanks to Ricky's help, I replaced my left and right control arms and hubs last weekend.

I figured I would throw it out there to see if anyone could use some old ones for a project, as I'm just going to throw them in the trash. Like it says, you can have them for free, just come get them. If it matters one of the bushings is burned out on the left control arm due to a stubborn ass bolt. The hub sensors are still working, the bearings are probably pretty shot. 95K on them. PM or post up if you want them, you've got till Sunday night.

A quick related question....Have you ever seen two different sized axle nuts? Well mine did...just added to the crappy night.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks to Ricky's help, I replaced my left and right control arms and hubs last weekend.

I figured I would throw it out there to see if anyone could use some old ones for a project, as I'm just going to throw them in the trash. Like it says, you can have them for free, just come get them. If it matters one of the bushings is burned out on the left control arm due to a stubborn ass bolt. The hub sensors are still working, the bearings are probably pretty shot. 95K on them. PM or post up if you want them, you've got till Sunday night.

A quick related question....Have you ever seen two different sized axle nuts? Well mine did...just added to the crappy night.
[/b]

If you changed the half-shaft, the replacements come with a different size axle nut than the OE ones. I think the 2 sizes are 33mm and 36mm. Pain in the ass, if you ask me. Bought 2 hal-shafts and the socket to remove the axle nut. Get home, take the old ones out, go to put the new ones in and the damn nut that came with the new shafts is different.

~Rich

I

imported_Ron Vogel

[/b]
Yes, I will take them. I can use them to make a jig. Shoot me a PM, I'll swing out to get them!

BigJermGTP

Regular
Mar 28, 2008
Montgomery
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

If you changed the half-shaft, the replacements come with a different size axle nut than the OE ones. I think the 2 sizes are 33mm and 36mm. Pain in the ass, if you ask me. Bought 2 hal-shafts and the socket to remove the axle nut. Get home, take the old ones out, go to put the new ones in and the damn nut that came with the new shafts is different.

~Rich
[/b][/quote]

I did actually get a new half shaft on one side. It was a while back when I did it and obviously didn't remember what size it was. Went back and forth to autozone....that night sucked, oh well, live ya learn.

Ron..........you got PM

-Jeremy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list