3800 Open Invite: Byron Sat. 9/26

I

imported_Theautoguy

Cool, I can't make it to the track but if they hang in Rockford until that evening I know of some locals that will actually race. They do it for money not for fun though and the roads are usually about 15 minutes away...but safe.

Last Bonneville meet some came out but some acted a bit dumb and pretentious.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Cool, I can't make it to the track but if they hang in Rockford until that evening I know of some locals that will actually race. They do it for money not for fun though and the roads are usually about 15 minutes away...but safe.

Last Bonneville meet some came out but some acted a bit dumb and pretentious.
[/b]

*whistles*

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I'd like to get to Byron around 10 am. It'll take about 60 - 75 min to get out there from Streets of Woodfield IIRC. I'd be up for meeting at Streets around 8:45 - 9:00 otherwise I'm just heading up myself.

$25 to run and $10 to spectate.

Last Bonneville meet some came out but some acted a bit dumb and pretentious.[/b]
Not sure when that was. This is the first time I'm meeting most of these guys myself. (The couple local Bonne guys that came to the WCP meet last month were cool.) :)

I

imported_Theautoguy

Thanks for resurrecting that thread Fish...you suck! Now my head refuses to allow my vision to work!

It sounds like a different group than it was then. I thing there were a few Intense sack-swingers then. Let me know if you're hanging out in town after 8:00. It's boring but there could be a couple of races available and really the only car place left to go in Rockford.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Thanks for resurrecting that thread Fish...you suck! Now my head refuses to allow my vision to work!

It sounds like a different group than it was then. I thing there were a few Intense sack-swingers then. Let me know if you're hanging out in town after 8:00. It's boring but there could be a couple of races available and really the only car place left to go in Rockford.
[/b]
:blink: I wasn't there that day. :) That meet was the Intense-sponsored event for the Bonneville club (still a very pro-Intense board.) There were people from all over the place at that event.

As for tomorrow, I'm probably going to head home after 3-4pm or so. I'll catch ya next time. ;)

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
damn... wish i saw this... I was at byron today (spectating)

reminded me of why I hate that track! 1 to 1.5 hours between runs!

There was a freakin SUBURU club there with 70 cars... most of which were running slower than 15.0 (saw many 17.x)

only upside is when my buddy zach raced an RX8 .... zach launched1-2, then 2-3 wheel hop big time... shut it down (55mph 1/8) ran an 18.12 ... the RX8 he was running ran a 17.5 ... and after the race walked up to zach and wanted to confirm that he beat a vette lol

zach showed him his previous timeslip (12.6@120.. already doing 90 by the 1/8th lol) .. guess the guy didn't say anything after

After today though... I now realize I need a vette.... suckers handle so well (way home ... 15mph turns at 90mph no problem) ... f-body will be my straight line car.... once the GTP is paid off next year... I'll need to pickup an early C6 vette for twisties :)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I was up there with my 06 grand prix trying to beat my shit talking 350z friend. It turned out good I had a k&n drop in filter in a guted air box and ran a best of 14.2. My friend that trailered his s10 ran a best of 11.6 witch was awsome considering it was his first time at a track.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was up there with my 06 grand prix trying to beat my shit talking 350z friend. It turned out good I had a k&n drop in filter in a guted air box and ran a best of 14.2. My friend that trailered his s10 ran a best of 11.6 witch was awsome considering it was his first time at a track.
[/b]

Details on the 350? What was it running?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info