3800 car chase, police investigation, explosive device...

I work as a painter part time for extra cash on the side...

So this morning i was minding my own business and painting a front door when the loudest **!!BOOOOOM!!** i've ever heard went off ~30' feet away from me.
I first saw a bright white flash, about as bright as the light from a welder, or plasma out of the periphery of my vision and was hit in the face and side with "shrapnel"...

I nearly shit myself; it was freakin scary! There was a big rut in the grass where the device went off..
I then saw a dark Lincoln Town Car screech its tires and tear-ass away. I went into the street to see where this jerk who just threw some type of explosive device at me went. He gestured a F-U with his hand out of the window at me! Son of a bitch. It's on now!

I jumped in my car and went after the Town Car. He was about two blocks ahead of me speeding away... I eventually lost him, but continued to circle the block where last saw him turn on to.

Then i found the car sitting about one block from where the explosive device was thrown at me, i pulled over and started writing down the license plate number, shooting photos, and getting the vehicle description for local LE.
I could see someone peeking through the blinds inside and figured it was the bad guy, so i drove down to the end of the block and dialed the non-emergency number for the local LE. Just as i did that, some guy sprints to the town car and squeels out of there - he didn't see me waiting for LE to arrive at the end of the block, and the chase was on!

I had the girl dispatcher on the phone with me as i was calling out the directions of where i was following this jerk to. The dispatch girl kept telling me that i need to pull over and wait for cops to catch him; i did not want to risk letting this jerk get away - he could have killed me with this powerful bomb!

I could clearly see he was talking on his cell phone and nervously looking in his rearview at me, and finally decided to pulled over after a mile or so...

Dispatch ordered me to stay in my car and wait for a squad car to arrive - which i did.
The black town car started driving away again only to get stopped by the cops one block away!!! Woot!

About three squads show up and get mr black town car out of the car and start asking questions, and another officer was getting my side of the story.

Mr black town car was seconds away from being stuffed n cuffed when a dispatch transmission announced that Com Ed is on scene for a transformer that exploded right where i was working!

Mr town car was on the phone with dispatch at the same time as me calling in "a maniac with a gun following him!" He said he thought that i shot a shotgun at him and then came after him..LoL

Talk about a BIG misunderstanding! :blink:
I apologized to the dude and we went on our separate ways

ps - the big rut in the grass turns out to be where a gas light was recently removed

@ Adam - it was 11:30 - noon-ish in Bfield on vernon+gerritson
they pulled him over in Lyons on Plainfield rd by midwest

bomber2oo2.jpg

bomberme1.jpg

and the aftermath.... :blink:
bomber1nh9.jpg

ps - can you change my spark plugs for me?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info