3800 LS1 Z28 Vert

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Driving to work tonight. How my stories usually start. LOL.

I was at a light with the window down sending a text message. A LS1 Maro convertable pulls next to me and I glance at it for a second. 2 younger guys. I go back to my text with Godsmack playing pretty loud in the background. All of a sudden I hear laughing. I look up and they are looking at me and laughing. So I smile back and lurch forward a bit. The guy starts reving and I smile even bigger. I know Im gonna lose, but not by much. 2 guys in a vert has to be pretty heavy. Plus the look on his face when Im not that far behind him will be good. HAHA.

Light goes green. We both launch. I was even with him until about 45. Then he pulls ahead and had 1/2 car by 75 where I let off. Pull up to the next light and talked to the guys. They were very suprised a 3800SC engine comes in the Regal GS. Said he has to worry about some Buick possibly beating him now. LOL.

I was right. The look on their faces when they started to pull away was priceless. I wish I had a camera. LOL.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
:bsflag: It was LT1

I saw a white LS1 SS Auto Convertible at Byron the other weekend. The guy goes to Harper and always gives me hard ass looks when I see him in the area. I saw him run a 15.1, then a 15.4. I was shocked and I walked over to his car thinking It was some SS poser with a V6. But it was defiantly a LS1. Guy ran again and did a 14.7. A few hours later I believe someone else drove his car but I saw it do a 13.9. I thought I was a bad F-Body driver.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hey dude, I lost. It wasnt by much but it was the driver and his buddy in a heavy ass vert VS me. He had me by half a car at 70 which wouldnt even equate to a 1/4 mile. If we went to 95-100 I wouldnt doubt he would have at least a full car on me. It was definatly a LS1. Had the Lumina looking headlights instead of the pushed back ones.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Hey dude, I lost. It wasnt by much but it was the driver and his buddy in a heavy ass vert VS me. He had me by half a car at 70 which wouldnt even equate to a 1/4 mile. If we went to 95-100 I wouldnt doubt he would have at least a full car on me. It was definatly a LS1. Had the Lumina looking headlights instead of the pushed back ones.
[/b]

I know im fucking with you. LS1's pull like crazy up top where the L67 falls on its face. Lumina looking headlights.... lol

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
chrysler concordes look the same as well

98_chrysler_concorde_lxi2.jpg

90537933mMnVuP_ph.jpg

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I know im fucking with you. LS1's pull like crazy up top where the L67 falls on its face. Lumina looking headlights.... lol
[/b][/quote]
not All L67s fall on their face up top>>> :angry: :unsure: :ph34r:

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
I gave my brother a good run with my GTP when I had it.

Mods were....

Vogel Tune
104's
DP/ubend
Thrasher
180tstat

My brother had an intake/exhaust on a 01 Ws6 M6.

He ran a 12.7 at the track with his seats out.

On the street no way he got that 12,7 kinda start, but I was surprised how close it was for a while until higher speeds.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Well your looking at a pretty well moded up GTP that can trap the same as a stock LS1.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
not All L67s fall on their face up top>>>
[/b][/quote]

Well your looking at a pretty well moded up GTP that can trap the same as a stock LS1.
[/b][/quote]
there are plenty of Us that resemble that remark>>> :lolsign:

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I have a LS1 right now, but I still have thoughts about selling it for another L67. I know its not as fast but I thought my GTP was much more fun to drive.

Wessel

The Paint Corrector
Oct 25, 2007
i'll put my 2cents in on this one! I just raced a ls1 z28 coupe man. trans. on the highway and i pulled past him easily. I've got intake, downpipe, pcm, exhaust, 3.4pulley, shift kit. We went 3 times 55, 65, 75 rolls all with the same outcome. But i have a L32 GTP.

I

imported_Theautoguy

... Plus the look on his face when Im not that far behind him will be good. HAHA.[/b]

I call that "Psychological Vanadism". I've chase quite a few faster cars out of Byron because they couldn't wrap their heads and pride arond the fact that a completely stock looking Regal on all-season tires could either beat them, stay within a few car lengths or have them at the 1/8 mile. :ph34r:

My grey hair only adds to the affect! :D

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
i'll put my 2cents in on this one! I just raced a ls1 z28 coupe man. trans. on the highway and i pulled past him easily. I've got intake, downpipe, pcm, exhaust, 3.4pulley, shift kit. We went 3 times 55, 65, 75 rolls all with the same outcome. But i have a L32 GTP.
[/b]

55mph and 65mph is a sweet spot for taking off in the Ls1, I don't know If I believe that you pulled past him, and even easily for that matter.

I think you might have won, but I think you beat the driver.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

55mph and 65mph is a sweet spot for taking off in the Ls1, I don't know If I believe that you pulled past him, and even easily for that matter.

I think you might have won, but I think you beat the driver.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I was kinda ehh....about that too. The Regal has a L32 in it as well AND Im not hindered by 04+ restrictions.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
there are plenty of Us that resemble that remark>>> lol.gif[/b]

Im just saying you gotta do some pretty extensive mods to pull a LS1 on the highway.

i'll put my 2cents in on this one! I just raced a ls1 z28 coupe man. trans. on the highway and i pulled past him easily. I've got intake, downpipe, pcm, exhaust, 3.4pulley, shift kit. We went 3 times 55, 65, 75 rolls all with the same outcome. But i have a L32 GTP.[/b]

:lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info