3800 Started fabbing lower mounts

I

imported_Ron Vogel

About a year or so ago, my lower mounts went bad so I welded plate steel to them and made them solids. The vibration isn't horrible, but my commute blows, and I'm just wanting the car a little more comfy than it is. Any vibration from the motor transfers to the car chassis, then my chassis.

So I'm making lower polys out of some hoops cut out of an f-body panhard bar from global west, it will still be fairly stiff, but not solid. Hoping to save a few pounds, but after getting out the stock mount and trans bracket, it looks like it's only about 10 lbs, and my new bracket I'd like to keep around 3-4; so only about 10-15 in savings once I do both mounts. At least I never have to worry about them failing!

I found a few tools inbetween my trans and subframe, so it's like Christmas already.

I'll make sure to post pics up once it's all done. The whole area down there is a total mess becase of an axle failure last year...should be fun cleaning it all up.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

One down, one to go.
picture026.jpg

picture025.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info