3800 Well.... I got a new car!!!

I

imported_1fastGTP

well i was looking around for another grand prix... and i stumbled upon a 1997 white GTP coupe with 66k miles. fully loaded. heres a few pics. there going to be shipping it here from New York.

GP2.jpg

GP15.jpg

GP6.jpg

GP14.jpg

GP8.jpg

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
yeah not driving the car is normally a big NO for me... but i talked to him he seems like a great guy. he has sold 2 other cars on ebay with no problems. but ill keep everyone posted with how it turns out. :)
[/b]

Is that another person saying 97's are bad. Im not sure where all this bad info is coming from because mine is just fine. Im pretty sure their have been more people with 97+'s that have blown over the 97's. For a dd the car will run just fine. :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Its cause of the "97 PCM" and "97 blower". Im still limited by the 97 PCM but not the blower. :D

Nice find. I still would have took time to go up there personally to take it for a drive. Even if you fly up there or go on a road trip. Still have it shipped back. Dont get into any accidents. NY is a no fault state. :p

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
Its cause of the "97 PCM" and "97 blower". Im still limited by the 97 PCM but not the blower. :D

Nice find. I still would have took time to go up there personally to take it for a drive. Even if you fly up there or go on a road trip. Still have it shipped back. Dont get into any accidents. NY is a no fault state. :p
[/b]

Whats different about the 97 blower besides the vacuum tree? And ive had no bigger problems with my car than others have had. Or not problems due to it being a 97 at least. The thing knocked like crazy stock but also did a 14.8 with a passenger and over 300 pounds of other crap in the car on a high 2.3 60. Maybe i got a factory freak. B)

I

imported_GraFFix

97 here and no problems at all...150k miles

Still running the same water pump, idler pulleys, 2 out of 3 coils, blower, starter.

The only thing ive had to fix on this car is the trans, new alternator, battery, brakes, lower intake gasket and a leaky oil pan. And i beat the hell out of it like a red headed stepchild.

I

imported_1fastGTP

if people had issues with a 97, it doesnt mean that every 97 will be like that. given ryans.. had issues but you couldnt figure out your problem, and once you sold it the guy figured it out. ill just see how this car is. id like to toss a shift kit on it to save the clutches since its not going to be beat on. i have the minor mods like PEM's/DP/exhaust/ill pick up a 3.4 and an intake. get the thing tuned and just stop with these cars and just enjoy them. if i wanted to im sure i can make $$ off this white one for being in such conditon with that low of miles on a 97. im picking up my buddies carbon fiber interior.. ive had my eyes set on that for sooo long and hes finally getting rid of it. but anyways its a friday and im going out again.. lol

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Whats different about the 97 blower besides the vacuum tree? And ive had no bigger problems with my car than others have had. Or not problems due to it being a 97 at least. The thing knocked like crazy stock but also did a 14.8 with a passenger and over 300 pounds of other crap in the car on a high 2.3 60. Maybe i got a factory freak. B)
[/b][/quote]

People bastardize the 97 for any reason they can. The blower is one. Thats why I mentioned it.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

People bastardize the 97 for any reason they can. The blower is one. Thats why I mentioned it.
[/b][/quote]

My 97 Supercharger was bad, so I found a 2001 Riveria Supercharger from a junkyard for $120 shipped with 20,000 miles. I didn't notice a difference in a performance. I didn't know they were that much different.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
<div class='quotemain'>
whats wrong with owning 3 GTP's?

what are you trying to get for the red one?
[/b]

i like owning 3 grand prix's lol... seeing the cars pass by, going wtf? whats with all the prix's is priceless. i would like to get 3k for the red one.
[/b][/quote]

Looks good man i might have to take that red one off your hands i"ll call u tomorrow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info