3800 Passenger door and front fender rubbing very bad!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Almost overnight my passenger door and front fender are majorly hitting each other. I can only open the door about 4-6 inches and then i will be bending som major metal. :unsure:

At this point, the door gap is entirely consistent all the way around and I lifted the door and if felt fine. I did it to the other driver door which is working, and it actually moved up and down a bit......unlike the non working door which didnt move up and down. :blink:

So, I cant open the door to adjust anything, so Im thinking I need to take the front fender off and then open the door and adjust it???

How long to take the fender off and re adjust the door? Will I need new bolts for the door?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Make sure that the lower door molding is not comming loose from the door, that will grab the fender and bend it up because there is little to no clearence there. How does the door open and close? When you open it does it drop a little? If it does then you may need to adjust the door otherwise leave it alone. Loosen the two bottom bolts to the fender and try to slide it foward a little to widen the gap between the door a fender. Also you can take something flat and very gently pry the fender so it sticks out just past the door edge. You can wrap a layer or masking tape or duct tape around whatevery tool you use to avoid chipping the paint.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list