3800 hood vents ftw.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Yay! Finaly got my carbon fiber SD Ram Air. Damn is it a nice hood. The deer did more damage than I thought though. The latch is bent downward and the pass hinge seems like it got shoved upwards a bit. Had to shim the crap put of the latch on the hood to get it to extend far enough down to grab and the hood sits higher on the pass than the drivers side. The hood bumper/stop is low enough that the hood doesn't even come in contact with it while the drivers side is adjusted about as far as it can go and it's still off. Oh well, geusss some more work is in order to get it all lined up, but none of it should be too bad I don't think. It closes. It latches. And it looks wicked. So I'm happy. I'll throw up some pics once I get my hands on my G/F's cam. this weekend.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Well, it's about as lined up as it's ever going to be. The pass side hinge is raised up higher than it should be. Can't tell if it's just the hinge or if the whole frame is tweaked a bit. I had to settle for it being off by the same amount all the way around. The gap is pretty nasty but at least it's even LOL. Got it all washed and waxed, but I need to grab my G/F's cam. I'm changing her and my oil and shit Sat. so I'll try and get some pics up then.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list