3800 grinding/rattling under hood

2000GTPK

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
i have a 2000 GTP when i have the AC, OFF theres a loud grinding noise MOST OF THE TIME. it sounds like its coming from under the snout on the SC. when i turn the AC ON the sound ALWAYS goes away. i cant figure out what it would be. someone said it might be the AC cluthc bearing.

if i buy an AC delete pulley system do you think id be ok or do you think its a different pulley, bearing or problem

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
i have a 2000 GTP when i have the AC, OFF theres a loud grinding noise MOST OF THE TIME. it sounds like its coming from under the snout on the SC. when i turn the AC ON the sound ALWAYS goes away. i cant figure out what it would be. someone said it might be the AC cluthc bearing.

if i buy an AC delete pulley system do you think id be ok or do you think its a different pulley, bearing or problem
[/b]

since nobody replied to you already, your a/c clutch bearing is shot... if it hasnt already, it will eventually sieze on you and burn/break your serpentine belt.

hit up ed morad (gtped at msn dot com) for a good used one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list