3800 Check Engine Light

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Ever since i put my DHP PCM in i continuously get the check engine light. It comes back as a catalyst efficiency problem. I believe with my DP i have on, i am get a screwy reading on my rear O2. My question is i am getting sick of disconnecting the battery to clear the code, i know they have O2 sims for the 97-03's but not for 04's. I also heard somewhere that the connector can be modified to fit the 04, anyone ever hear of this? I am reminded of this mainly b/c when i took my car in to get my DP put on, the guy told me he had to modify the O2 extension connector to make it fit.
Does anyone know where i can get an O2 sim? Also for the past week i have been driving with the check engine light on, with the error code stored in the PCM, will it affect my performance/driveablity b/c i have noticed it to be running a bit sluggish?
Any suggestions?

I

imported_silverbullet

i have an 04 monte carlo ss when i ordered my pcm i had the rear 02 sensor deleted and there's no 02 simulator for the 04 and up. the other feature we don't have on the 04 is the fan turn on at 180*. i guess unless you have a tuner you can program that in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info