3800 witnessed intense accident

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i was sitting at the stoplight on ferry rd and winfield rd today. this black BMW 3xx coupe (looked brand new) comes up doin at least 40MPH and goes to the right turn lane. our light was red and winfield's was green. well he didnt think a red light means stop so he keeps going. BOOM :eek: he t-bones a black dodge dakota r/t 5.9. the BMW's front end was trashed as was the dakota's right side. luckily there was a sheriff sitting on the other side of the intersection that witnessed it all. both guys seemed to be ok, although they didnt look happy. they were out of their cars (stupid idea) and talking to the cops. i only wish i got pics! i just didnt think to pull my phone out and snap pics <_<

thing is i saw that coming when the BMW didnt put the brake lights on, maybe he learned....
sad to see 2 nice cars get trashed though, but i guess stupidity has it's costs.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I've seen plenty of accidents... The worst was probably 4 years ago when a lady in a Rav4 (or similar vehicle) started to go when our light turned green. I immediately noticed a late 80's Cutlass coming at a high rate of speed from the intersecting road. I don't think he ever hit his brakes. He clipped her front and and just about tore it off, sending her into a spin.

Luckily both of them were ok but as soon as she got out of her car she told the old man that he blew the light. Despite the other 2 lanes of traffic on his road sitting at a red light (and us having a green) he was adamant that he didn't. He was a bit senile though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• bikrboy128
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list