3800 Transmission question?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Took car to track this weekend. Had a question with regards to shifts between 1st and 2nd gear. At WOT down the track the car seems to hesitate what seems like 1/2 second between 1st and 2nd gear. When driving the car daily everything is smooth. Any ideas what I could be running into? Something with torque management? Would a shift kit maybe help? I realize I have been pretty lucky with the stock tranny. Mods below. This is currently stock trans with 77k. I appreciate any help. Thanks

Video of run. You can hear it hesitate if you turn up volume.
http://gtpsleeper.info/img/gtp_07212007.wmv

Mods
X-P hot cam (PCM cam file)
Double Roller setup
ZZP MPS w/3.0
ZZP SSIC
105 #Springs
Pacesetter headers
3 inch exhaust to cutout (for track)
ZZP 1.0 PCM
Wizaired CAI
Throttle body space

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
<div class='quotemain'>
Did you scan that run?? Maybe you hit the rev limiter? Possibly a shift kit could help as well.

You can also ditch that TB spacer.
[/b]

Unfortunately the only scanner I have is the aeroforce interceptor gage. I need to finally step up and get a tuner/scanner.
[/b][/quote]

Fish,

Thanks for the reply. It has been the consensus that I am hitting the rev limiter configured on my PCM. Is there any local member that can program a ZZP 1.0 PCM to raise the limiter 100 or so. If so Im out in Aurora and will drive to you . Just let me know what you need for the work . Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• bimmer4life
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list