3800 Buick GS question

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
a really good friend is going to get e 04 GS this week and I was wondering what they can have done to them.. I know they are the same motor as ours but I cant find a speedbuilt intake for it so maybe they are a bit different.. I know a few guys on here have them, what should he do first.. I say intake then exhaust?? what do you guys think...

I

imported_Theautoguy

They're the same as the GTPs but I think they stayed with the standard engine mechanicals and electronics as they had since 99' where-as the 04' GTPs were upgraded.

Mike can probably verify this but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

BTW <--- 99' Regal GS here...

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
They're the same as the GTPs but I think they stayed with the standard engine mechanicals and electronics as they had since 99' where-as the 04' GTPs were upgraded.

Mike can probably verify this but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

[/b]

I'll verify it for you..

You're right. :)

We think he should do what his financial situation allows. Hell an Intercooler could be the best first mod, does he have the ~1k to put down for one?

FYI, Regal catbacks are more restrictive than GP catbacks.. so if he does exhaust, he should keep that in consideration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info