3800 newb here

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
actually, ive been here before. registered last year when i was trying to find a set of cross lace wheels for my old car. now that pile of crap is gone, ive got a new one! picked up my 00 GTP in the beginning of april. hadnt done much, gutted air box, trans cooler, shift kit, in an attempt to prolong tranny life, and wouldnt ya know it, the damn thing started slipping on saturday. owell, just trying to find another to throw in it that will hopefully last atleast 6 months

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'm glad you were finally able to get on here Kyle.

I can vouch for Kyle knowing quite a bit about cars and being very capable and willing to learn more about W-bodies.

BTW, the trans he needs is a 2000 only xbb code trans, my source is tapped out so hopefully someone may be able to help.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I'm glad you were finally able to get on here Kyle.

I can vouch for Kyle knowing quite a bit about cars and being very capable and willing to learn more about W-bodies.

BTW, the trans he needs is a 2000 only xbb code trans, my source is tapped out so hopefully someone may be able to help.
[/b]

This is always good to hear.. Welcome buddy..

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
Welcome!

A 98 trans will not work? I have one on my floor of my garage it need new bands and clutches.
[/b]
i havent researched it a whole lot, i will let you know. but most likely ill be getting a xbb core tomorrow from a junkyard is wisconsin and digging into that. does anybody have the j tools needed for doing these? ive done a few turbo 350s and 1 4l60e, so its somewhat familiar territory besides that damn chain thingy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info