3800 WOOT!

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
so got the keyspan today which let me hook up my powertuner with no problems.. Got me a nice Bin from another impala buddy (detriot Irish)... and pretty much did couple starts NA scaned no Knock or any thing.. called james i think twice to talk some things over... which i still need to do again... also called V tech and talked to him... Put the SC belt on and was scared to start it truthfuly.. it was huge to me.. Lame i know but meh. but got it running was doing the cooling system and eric came.. We did some scans he liked the way it looked so we got some nice rolling scans in.. we got some work to do still..
i will post more on what codes and what am missing.. gear ratio...fuel presure crap like that.. yea big things!

but heres some vids... flame me all you want!

Thanks again TO EVERY ONE that helped me or listened to me!
ricky,james,eric,miller and couple other people!

All ready to go!

Quick boost

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
well tore down the motor in about 4 hours! i saw the rear head gasket wasnt even sticking so it was a time bomb.. thanks to james and old school thinking i saw my trail.. UGh.... but V tech is hopefully coming over tonight to give it a looks see and all.. but shit!

thank god i got 2 days off and now i can do the top swap in 2 days!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hey man i set the two headgaskets outside with the permatex super 300 sealer for the LIM gaskets

they are under the red metal box thats next to my scrapile so you can pick em up whenever...donald knows youll be stopping by at some point to grab em so he wont shoot ya lol

i'll talk to ya tomarrow let me know how far off the head surface is...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
so was it just the head that didnt hold? or did you actually blow your block? [/b]

the rear head was Tq's unevenly and lifted allowing coolant to leak into the chamber # 6 was steam cleaned, and a bit on #4 not much of the head gasket material was actually sticking to the head...i've been heloing him the best i can and he has the heads back on and the LIM will be on soon as he gets some blue loctite

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
Ricky no faults man.. its life!.. it had to happen ne ways running one stock bolt and rest arp in my mind...LIM is one just got in from autozoner meeting..:cough: gay! but am gonna try and finish it up and read read and read these SS top swap and ZZP articles on the map sensors cause i see some things wrong with mine..

BTW james i think i gave u all my vac lines... i need the 2 stil lol.. good thing i have extra line!
also thanks to james for stocking head gaskets and giving me old schoola and ur tricks!
V tech and bob always a help as well
miller came in with lil things as well

but to the cave to kinda finish this thing up..
gonna retorque those ARP's to 75-80
check everything eles out and start putting on blower..belts,headers and clean the garage!

i need to tune tommorw cause eric leaves on his cruise saturday moring! ugh

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
no problem man i havent even brought in the stuff from the scrap pile so it will be there if ya need em tomarrow while i'm in belvidere fixing my moms van (yay! <_< ) i hope they didnt overheat it....

saturday we should be working on the 442 (the new engine is going in!!!!!!!!) but if you are burning the gas for logging/tuning stop by...I'll put ya to work :lolsign:

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
also as you can see and V said lil to much carbon :unsure:

picture
picture 2
th_topswap2010.jpg

th_topswap2008.jpg

th_topswap2006.jpg

then we have my engines older brother that it wants to be like,

th_topswap2001.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info