3800 raced a srt-4

• Thread starter imported_1fastGTP
  • Start date
I

imported_1fastGTP

well i was commen home from the girlfriends place about 20 mins ago and i come up next to a white srt-4 at 75th and woodward.... yeah what a spot.. anyways, nice looken, had the spoiler delete just all around clean. the light turns green and i hear him get on it.. so i mash the pedal down and start cruisen past him and ended up with 3 car lengths by 60ish. then we are cruisen around 40 and hear him spooling up and he rips... so once again i lay on the gas and put about 2 lengths this time... my car just isnt running like it should... and the fact it didnt shift... so i just cant wait to make the trip to ZZP the 20th and have a sweet dynotune done to this thing. anyways the srt guy was real cool. we got caught at the next light, and hes like damn dude this car is fucken awesome, sounds sick, and hauls ass. so on top of the girlfriend commen back home, i raced a nice guy in a srt. 1st race in the turbo prix... on a shit tune, bad exhaust leak off the turbo pushen 13psi! woo! well thats enough rambling for tonight.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Shawn, You can't be beating up on that car if it's not shifting dude. If the gears aren't programmed correctly you're going to do damage to the transmission. If the transmission isn't shifting because it's got a problem then you are still doing more damage. Anyhow, you shouldn't be thrashing on the car either way if it's not shifting or having any shifting problems.

I'm pretty lax on warranty stuff but it's hard when I see posts about a car that's not shifting properly being flogged.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Shawn, You can't be beating up on that car if it's not shifting dude. If the gears aren't programmed correctly you're going to do damage to the transmission. If the transmission isn't shifting because it's got a problem then you are still doing more damage. Anyhow, you shouldn't be thrashing on the car either way if it's not shifting or having any shifting problems.

I'm pretty lax on warranty stuff but it's hard when I see posts about a car that's not shifting properly being flogged.
[/b]

Ron changed the gears stating it was fine, but apparently not. i normally dont "beat" on it.. i just get it to do the blow off most of the time. im just confused to why this car is acting like this.. it was tuned to where it was kr free at 19psi pulling hard... to where its knocking at 15psi. just stuff like that. i also watched all the gauges to see if the kr was spiking, watching how my RPM's acted stuff like that. This is basically the 1st true beat on the car, i havent done racing(except that srt-4), launching, 30-35mph punching it to where it gives that kick, i havent done anything like that... ive been really good with the car. so dont make it seem like im beating the hell out of it. im going to zzp just for a good tynotune, fix the exhaust leak, little things like that. i could go out and buy the 67trim from matt, but i think ill hold off for now so i can actually enjoy the car at 18-19psi.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'm not trying to sound like Dad Shawn. I just want to make sure that you are able to enjoy the car when it's fixed.

I might have a tuning solution for the no-shift problem. We were working on a turbo car today with the same problem and I seem to recall an issue with the tuning and the Cartuning kits where the cars didn't shift at WOT. It's been so long since we sold anything Cartuning that I don't remember but i'm going to do a little investigating tonight.

We were running 20lbs down the street earlier today. That feels really good! Hey, that's not a CT kit!

photo.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list