3800 Replacing a 3100 with a 3400...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Does anyone know if they are physically the same and if there are any sensor computer gremlins that may pop up as a result? [/b]

i got this one down pat lol

the 3100 and 3400 (and many 3x00 60* V6 engines are virtually the same except for the crank/rods for the most part.

you didnt say what kind of car...

i assume your talking about the 3100's bigger brother the 3400 OHV V6 and not the 3.4L DOHC

the 94 will probably have a gauge temp sensor in the rear head by the brake booster (corner of head near Xover) but the later cars used the PCM to send the signal to the cluster so you will want to at the least install an aftermarket temp gauge or drill and tap a new hole near the T stat to use the gauge...

everything else will swap over no problem but i would say there may be issues since the 94 is a non MAF PCM and the 96+ are MAF equipped and may find running the bigger engine a bit difficult with the lack of tuneability i bet it'll run but it may not run well

the best option is to use the OBD2 harness and PCM to retain the MAF etc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list