3800 weird metal in my trans pan....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
well i dropped the pan today to put a shift kit in my car, and i found a little piece of a roll pin or something, and lots of metal shards....what is it? seems like the pin out of the diff?

i know a little clutch material is expected, but this trans has about 2k on it from zzp. no noises, and it seems to shift well, but something def. isnt right. take a look at these pics....

100_1489.jpg

100_1490.jpg

100_1491.jpg

100_1492.jpg

100_1493.jpg

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
wow im not getting any emails that this was replied too lol

yah i talked to zoom, and steve at certified, it is covered under warranty, but im not sure if they are going to cover the labor, not to mention the fact that i have to take off at least 1 day of work and trailer the car 4 hrs....:( plus they cant get me in until the 25th yesterday and today are perfect racing days :)

it is def. the roll pin in the diff. Ive thought about getting a torsen or something but i dont really have the dough to lay out for it...

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
If your trans is still covered under warranty...they should also cover the labor. I had to have mine serviced under warranty (burnt a couple of clutches and blew out the torque converter)..... had no problems with getting it fixed under warranty.....they even replaced the torque converter with a lower stall for me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info