3800 coolant flush

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date
I

imported_silverbullet

hey anybody know some shops that will do a good job on flushing out coolant? i have dex cool in the car now and i want to replace it with the yellow or green coolant. i don't want to spend over $200 for the labor and the shop have to be in the city/suburbs. i found one shop(tuffy) by six corners for $108 plus tax. the bad thing was the mechanic kinda looks shady to me specially after i heard him saying that he will charged $400 for brake works to some customer in front of me. i'm afraid he might just drain the dex cool and not flushing it out with the machine. help!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
There is a very wide degree to which people say they flush and engine. Technically, there is a bolt in each head that is suppose to be removed when flushing which gets an incredible amount of crap out. However, that is usually pretty damm hard to get to on most cars.

Just make sure they remove and blow out all the lines. Especially the ones going in and out of the heater core..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list