3800 engine temps

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
OK. now that my GP cooling is under control, my regal GS starts acting up..

in heavy traffic a few weeks ago, i noticed the temp gauge creeping up, but once i was in the open, it seemed fine (low 80's-mid 90's temps) it's been fine for 2 weeks, stop and go warm/cold etc. today, while idling at the mall (waiting for wife) the temp creeped waaay up again. drove around, letting heat into the car, temp went back to just under half (about normal, no temp reading on gauge in the GS) temp didnt really move from that spot no mater what i was doing, hot cold air inside, stop or go, but maybe did creep up a tick on the gauge when sitting at a long light.

the engine cooling fans seem to be working... i havent noticed coolant dripping from any weep hole in the water pump....

can someone help?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
anybody have an idea of what the actual temp markers on a GS equate to? no numbers on the face :(

i've been trying a few different things, temp to 90 on vent, off, etc. and it hasnt been really consistent.

both fans were spinning when i looked.

I was cruizing, and saw ron v out in his driveway, stopped to confer with him a minute or two, gonna start with the t-stat and a good coolant flush....

thanks for the suggestions fellas, and thanks Ron V.

now just need to find a place to do the flush... not set up to do it here at home....

hmmmmmm

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I have a 180* t stat in my Regal, and I never pass halfway with the a/c off, no matter what driving, idling I'm doing. With the A/C on, I may get to half way, but never much if at all past it. I have original radiator, never cleaned, relatively fresh dexcrap, and DHP fan turn on points.

I'd say straight up and down is 195-200*..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info