3800 tease

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
can you spot the polished stainless?

polishedstainlessfasteners.jpg

soon the 442 comes home and we start the harness/dash work (drop some damn weight!) while that baby is finished being assembled...

just a tease... B)

oh and since he hasent posted DD just got these recently and we managed to put some buffing string on his chest and he polished the ceramic coating and SS clamps :lolsign: he saw what that 8 inch wheel can do if it catches an edge....

DDspolishedcoatedSLPheaders.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
oh and i fergot...voytec we'll see if we can get a cheap scale to measure the bolts i'd like to see what the stainless allen hex bolt weight comp to stockers....

and yes if bob agree's with me that the weight lost by polishing everything adds up i guess you doing some polishing lol :ph34r: :lolsign:

that'd be interesting how much weight we've lost just in removed aluminum and cast iron block/head material/casting flash ;) the 442 will still be a fat ass lol i wonder what the clearcoat adds weight wise hmmmm

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah if i even mention trying to take off more weight or try and convince him that hours of mindless work will save a couple grams he hangs up the phone. i would like to find another 100-140lbs to remove [/b]

voytec need to put you on a cocaine and carrots diet then eh? :lolsign:

just use a parachute and the OE parking brakes with the calipers and rotor face machined off

nothing else :ph34r: who needs brakes!?! i'm sure voytec wouldnt mind trying it out since you'll be driving bob :p

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
voytec need to put you on a cocaine and carrots diet then eh? :lolsign:

just use a parachute and the OE parking brakes with the calipers and rotor face machined off

nothing else :ph34r: who needs brakes!?! i'm sure voytec wouldnt mind trying it out since you'll be driving bob :p
[/b]
he always says"at least im not making the first couple passes" then laughs and walks away..........

yeah for what we will spend on brakes we can pick up cheap tow truck to pick me up out of the sand pits every pass.....
we do need to polish a few things, but we need to focus on dropping weight out of the knuckles, LCAs and the complete underside of the stock floor.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
we do need to polish a few things, but we need to focus on dropping weight out of the knuckles, LCAs and the complete underside of the stock floor. [/b]

we have my mill/drill if you wanna start swiss chessing some of the stuff :lolsign:

and we have that really thin lightweight aluminum sheet with the brushed finish to cover alll the floorpan holes and to serve as your seat mounts (milkcrate right?) ;)

good one sam now you have to get another to keep in case another board member breaks one lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Those are my headers! glad to see you guys havent sold them yet.

vacation sucks... just like i thought. ill be back soon. dont party too hard without me!

-DD [/b]

getting here wed so we can have the headers on by the time the rest of em come home? :p

working on the harness work...got an access to alldata online...printing shitloads of diagrams

when the 442's electrical book is done it will have ~4 or5 different car's harness' all laid out into a primary/secondary/chassis diagram book :blink:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
james you can have voytecs first born if you make our harness. :ph34r: [/b]

put all the heavy gauge stuff/relays/battery into all the nooks and cranies in the front end, and light as hell 24gauge for the switches/gauges behind the axle centerline eh?

hell no i dont want his firstborn....no Vtec's in my family :p :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info