3800 help me out with some parts!!

I

imported_1fastGTP

well since the accident i will have some extra money to play with. im making a list of things that this car will need/want so i can finally be done and enjoy this thing.

Black bullitts. what size? 17x8 or 9? im still going to use the 275's
black headlights with HID's 7k? 8k?
WBS grills powder coated black.
kyb struts, i already have gen 2 SSC springs.
and i want a shitload of good suspension items so your ideas would come into play here.
67 trim ball bearing turbo
stage 3 heads
swapping the xp cam for st2 maybe st3 cam.

well just throw some ideas up here that would be helpful, id really like to get this list finalized so i can save up track/tune/dyno the beast. anyways again thanks in advance.

Shaun

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Get the GMPP package for sways and trailing arms. Made a big difference when I put them on.

Also, get some speed built or BMR front and rear STB.......they are built like a tank and you can really feel it. When I put mine on you can feel a huge difference. Then, when I finally sold them, it took a lot away from the cars cornering.

Poly bushings and endlinks and your all set.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well since the accident i will have some extra money to play with. im making a list of things that this car will need/want so i can finally be done and enjoy this thing.

Black bullitts. what size? 17x8 or 9? im still going to use the 275's
black headlights with HID's 7k? 8k?
WBS grills powder coated black.
kyb struts, i already have gen 2 SSC springs.
and i want a shitload of good suspension items so your ideas would come into play here.
67 trim ball bearing turbo
stage 3 heads
swapping the xp cam for st2 maybe st3 cam.

well just throw some ideas up here that would be helpful, id really like to get this list finalized so i can save up track/tune/dyno the beast. anyways again thanks in advance.

Shaun
[/b]
17x8s........your tranny will thank you later.
skip the heads(unless your doing them yourself). Neither cam are perfect for your setup, the ST3 being way to big. Spend the money from those on a new wastegate and L2A intercooler, these will prove better gains on a CT kit then cam and head package.

What specs will the turbo be?
shaun you should really make a couple passes with the kit as is before you throw tall money at it. this way you have some times to compare and can weed out the mods that proved to be useless down the road.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Go with the 5K HID's anything higher is pretty "ricer" That is what I have on my car.
DSC_0366Large.jpg

W-Bodystore 5K HID's, before I aim'ed them better.

Im also looking into suspension as I HATE the ride on the Grand Prix. I want the GMPP shocks but they dont sell them anymore The car currenty has KYB GR2's, GMPP front and rear sway bars, GMPP front and rear strut bars, anti-pogo mod, and supposedly SSC springs, but voytec tells me the springs are intrigue springs. Anyone know a sure way to tell, I know the Gen 2 SSC are red, mine are not red. What color are the gen 1 SSC's?

Do you still have your stock springs?

I

imported_1fastGTP

Go with the 5K HID's anything higher is pretty "ricer" That is what I have on my car.
DSC_0366Large.jpg

W-Bodystore 5K HID's, before I aim'ed them better.

Im also looking into suspension as I HATE the ride on the Grand Prix. I want the GMPP shocks but they dont sell them anymore The car currenty has KYB GR2's, GMPP front and rear sway bars, GMPP front and rear strut bars, anti-pogo mod, and supposedly SSC springs, but voytec tells me the springs are intrigue springs. Anyone know a sure way to tell, I know the Gen 2 SSC are red, mine are not red. What color are the gen 1 SSC's?

Do you still have your stock springs?
[/b]

i like them HID's!!!! i want those with black headlights sooooo bad! and yeah i have my stock springs there in the box the ssc's came in. im going to try and get the gmpp front/rear strut and sway bars and KYB's. with the upgraded brakes.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Shoot me an email with what you need and I'll cut you a deal Shaun. I'd go with the GMPP kit too. It's something like $150.00 and include the strut tower brace, both sway bars, endlinks, frame to bar bushings, and trailing arms.

From there it's a matter of spring choice and strut choice (AGXs are where it's at). We've had a lot of people going with the B&G's lately and they're loving them. We'll also have the SSC's pretty soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info