3800 couple new PB's today at byron...

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
went to the track today and overall it was a good day. a little disappointed with the times, but i know what needs to be done to improve them. the last time out (my tune) the car went 12.51@110 with j/o (105lbs) driving it. this time i drove, same slicks, stock suspension with blockers, and i took out the rear seats and deck, and the passenger seat. and also dropped the exhaust about 3 feet after the rear header. kept the front carpeting and counsole though. i had 5 gallons of fuel (108 torco unleaded), and with myself in it, had a weight of 3650. 100% humidity

New pb et is 12.33 @ 107.50. not that run, but a new PB 60' of 1.755 w/ 16" qtp's.

heres a link to the video, i'll have to get the slip scanned tomorrow.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/phat...n=view¤t=12.flv

the car is running too rich top end. it feels like a dog, and it really doesnt gain any mph after 2nd gear. it sits at 5k in 3rd after the 2-3 shift. not sure what the best way to take away fuel is, but it was running a 12.5 afr on the dyno and with a 100% humidity day it was 11.4-11.8 all day. i even bumped timing to a point where i saw 24* trying to knock down some of that fuel, and to no avail, it wouldnt trap over 108. i have a couple scans i'll post tomorrow, but all in all in pretty happy.

IMG_3325.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Also, to keep this consistant; only run the car at full operating temp. To keep the intake temps down, ice the blower between rounds. The PCM will change the comannded AFR at lower than operating temp, and if engine run time is less than 90ish seconds. I had that burn me during a tuning session.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Hey when the car is more dialed in the race gas will certainly help. I would not do a full strength mix until you are certain you need it. Race gas allows higher timing, but you won't need the timing if the gas ignites faster eh?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Also, to keep this consistant; only run the car at full operating temp. To keep the intake temps down, ice the blower between rounds. The PCM will change the comannded AFR at lower than operating temp, and if engine run time is less than 90ish seconds. I had that burn me during a tuning session.
[/b]

i didnt know that....

4 of my runs were close to temp (probably around 150-160*) but were at a runtime of right at 60-90 seconds....good info..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list