3800 Temp gauge

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Hey everyone. im new on this form, but i have a prob with my 04. on the way home from the bar last night i noticed my temp gauge stopped workin. anyone know how to fix this little problem? thanks for any help. [/b]

before you can fix you must perform diagnostics...

start at the coolant temp sensor under the TB in the lower intake below the thermostat neck (next to the exhaust crossover) unplug it and see if the needle moves (Key On Engine Off) now take and using a small paperclip short two of the three pins together, have a friend look at the gauge if it climbs to HOT/260* more than likely it's the sensor, if it doesnt try two more times shorting different leads of the three together (kinda hard to have a three prong paperclip) if any of them make the gauge climb to HOT then more than likely it's the sensor. IF nothing happens to the gauge it may be a gauge issue or related to wiring somewhere and most dont have bi direction control scantools so that may be a shop job

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info