3800 LOWER ENGINE MOUNT (MAYBE?)

OK THIS PROBLEM IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. THE HOLE CAR SHAKES (SOMETIMES) WHEN I ACCELERATES LIGHTLY. BUT WHEN I GIVE IT FULL THROTTLE THE SHAKING KIND OF SMOOTHES OUT. THEN I NOTICE THAT IT DOES THAT MOSTLY WHEN THE SUSPENSION LOWERS THE CAR FROM ROAD CONDITIONS. WHEN IM CRUSIN IT DOESNT SHAKE BUT AS SOON AS I HIT THE PEDAL IT SHAKES. BUT WHEN I TAKE OFF FROM A STANDSTILL ITS OK, IT ONLY DOES THAT WHEN I HIT THE PEDAL WITH THE CAR ALREADY IN MOTION. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS A TUNE UP ISSUE (DID THAT) THEN I THOUGHT IT WAS THE UPPER MOTOR MOUNT BUSHINGS (DID THAT) SO NOW I THINK ITS THE LOWER MOTOR MOUNT BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE BEFORE I START ORDERING MORE STUFF ANY SUGESTIONS???

SUPPORTING MODS 3.4 PULLEY, U-BEND AND RESONATER DELETED, THRASHER CAI, 180 T-STAT, MSD 8.5 IGN. WIRES, TR- 55 1 HT RANGE PLUGS. YOU KNOW, ALL THE BEGINNER STUFF!!!

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
caps_fury.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
THE CAR STILL HAVE THE STOCK SUSPENSION WITH 20IN RIMS ON IT. (ITS THE PIC ON THE LEFT) THATS MY BABY!!!!!!!! THE SHAKING STARTED MINOR THEN IT GRADUALLY INCREASED OVER THE COURSE OF ABOUT A YEAR. HOW WOULD THE HALF SHAFTS CAUSE IT TO SHAKE?[/b]
You said it all right there. It's running 20 inch wheels which almost certainly have raised the car thereby changing the angle of the drivetrain geometry and exaggerating any existing problems with mounts. I'd say start with new engine/ trans mounts as well as our shortened dogbones. If that doesn't fix it the halfshafts are going to be the next place to look.

hey this past weekend i was changing my oil and while i was under the car i noticed that it as alot of axle shaft grease on the frame, but the real strange part is that the boot on the halfshafts is still in tact and the lower engine mount seems ok. The chunks of grease was only on the passenger side of the car so im gonna start with the shafts and work from there. I'll keep u guys posted on the outcome THANX!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info