104 octane, 21.5* timing, 2.55 pulley

332whp & 322wtq :D

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/phat...nt=MVI_3322.flv
IMG_3323.jpg

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
nice numbers willy, but i have to think there is still quite a bit of power still to be made with that setup.
im thinking your Torque seems a bit low..............and to have higher HP then torque on an M90 setup is kind odd. do you have a scan of the dyno run? what RPM are you shifting at?

i cant wait to see that car dialed in with some higher flowing heads
keep us posted

I

imported_Ron Vogel

AFR?

And why race gas? Timing?

I'm not trying to bust your balls about it, but when Chad went up there, they richened his mix, added race gas, then bumped his timing to pull better #'s. When he went back to street trim he ended up with 7 degrees of KR. I had to reload my original tune to get rid of the KR. (they got 7 more HP fom my original tune).

Do you have a dyno sheet showing the AFR and HP/TQ graph?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
AFR?

And why race gas? Timing?

I'm not trying to bust your balls about it, but when Chad went up there, they richened his mix, added race gas, then bumped his timing to pull better #'s. When he went back to street trim he ended up with 7 degrees of KR. I had to reload my original tune to get rid of the KR. (they got 7 more HP fom my original tune).

Do you have a dyno sheet showing the AFR and HP/TQ graph?
[/b]

sure do. actually what i wanted, was more timing, a leaner afr (which hovered right around 12.4-12.5). thats what i got. i dont think i can run that 2.55 on pump gas. so race fuel was for boost and timing.

i saved that tune, with the upped timing and leaner afr, then zoom droppped timing back to around 17, and added a little fuel, and i saved that one to have a street tune and a race tune.

dyno_6-19-07-1.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

IMHO, switch to a 2.6 or even a 2.7 on pump gas and run the timing around 22, if you do heads 24. I would also bring the AFR to 12 flat or even 11.8. There isn't much of a HP difference on these motors past 12.2 and up. If the motor will tolerate it, then bring the pulley size down from there. I suspect you're leaving HP on the table trying to run the 2.55 pulley. I wouldn't run anything as small as a 2.55 on such a lean AFR, only because it'll scorch the head gaskets quick; race gas or not.

I'm guessing your boost is in the 14psi range? if so, you need to work on upping your fuel pressure. Getting a FP guage would be a very good idea at this stage.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
IMHO, switch to a 2.6 or even a 2.7 on pump gas and run the timing around 22, if you do heads 24. I would also bring the AFR to 12 flat or even 11.8. There isn't much of a HP difference on these motors past 12.2 and up. If the motor will tolerate it, then bring the pulley size down from there. I suspect you're leaving HP on the table trying to run the 2.55 pulley. I wouldn't run anything as small as a 2.55 on such a lean AFR, only because it'll scorch the head gaskets quick; race gas or not.

I'm guessing your boost is in the 14psi range? if so, you need to work on upping your fuel pressure. Getting a FP guage would be a very good idea at this stage.
[/b]

good call on the boost/timing setup. i guess it will be something for me to play with. i do however have the new zzp logs with the fp gauge and afpr.....they upped to a little bit. and yes boost is right around 14-15

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I understand what you're saying, but you need to verify you are matching fuel pressure to boost or the top end will suffer. If you dial in more FP on the bottom, it may shelf off when you need a little more. With 15 psi of boost, you'll need 67psi of fuel pressure at WOT. I can't remember what pump set-up you have, but most stock pumps will level off at around 62psi depending on delivery needs. A Walbro should be good to about 70psi with that HP. If you already have the Walbro, You'll need to make sure you are using the convulted hose (plastic), and not the rubber line. The rubber line limits fuel pressure to about 65psi (at least on my set-up.) Other things to ban-aid it would be to make sure system voltage is good (13.8+ volts), and add extra grounding straps. If you don't want to add a voltage bosster to the FP, a simple solution would be to add a casper's volts booster, or the cheap one ZZP sells, but a boost a pump is a great mod for high boost. I just ordered a new one for myself actually!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info