3800 My wife & I won @ a big car show Sunday!

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

My wife's Camaro was one of the tree "Best of Class" winners in the "Camaro & Firebird (all)" class against 20 or so cars. I was surprised because there were some very nice 1st gens there that she beat. The other two cars were an ungodly perfect 74' 455 T/A and a 8500 mile 82' Camaro Pace Car.

As for me, I won one of the three "Best of Class" awards in the "Truck Modified" class with the Lightning; that was only against a 10-12 truck field. I had the guy at the end of the row glaring at me the whole time I was packing up and leaving...his truck was more custom hot-rod looking than simply modified so I think that's why he didn't get it.

Oh well, as it is, the wife and I won something for the first time we ever showed the cars and had a great time hanging with some close friends. She said she'd go with me to other shows provided it's not 95 degrees out again!

I should mention that I spent 7 hours detailing both vehicles the day before the show. I didn't even have to wash and wax them; just cleaning and shining every part, surface and crevis inside, outside and under the hood. Don't ever think detailing a car is easy!

I'm the big ogor on the right...she makes me look like a wealthy man doesn't she?!
887c8aae62.jpg

a572ec5fa9.jpg

...and I finally took a picture of my gauges, I didn't want to do the pillar-pod stuff so I took this route...
1877b14444.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info