3800 price quote on torque converter install

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date
I

imported_silverbullet

anybody know what most shop charge to install torque converter? i was at northwest transmission shop friday and asked for price quote. i was freaked out when he told me $450 :eek: . the mechanic said that's including replacing the seal and new fluids. he said it will take almost a day to do that. i told him my tranny just recently been rebuilt and i don't need new seal or change the fluid, but he told me that's what he charged. i never done any major work like that before and am wondering if that's the price most shop charge. btw i saw a red GTP with ilgpc sticker on the back window is that someone here?

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Basically with a converter install you are paying for the trans to be removed and replaced, which most 3800 specific shops charge $450 for, so Northwest's price seems right in line, especially as it includes them doing the new seal and fluids. If you have the ability to remove either the trans or the motor you can do it yourself. You can do it either way, so whichever is easiest for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info