3800 The Most Beautiful Car in the World!

I'm a huge fan of early Vette's (C1 C2) but when i saw this beauty i had to share it with other car buffs who can appreciate beauty in an automobile.
This sucker is sweet - i get a special feeling just looking at this thing! :wub:
Can you say "New Page Background!"
Project P57

p57j7ik6.jpg

p57j8iq6.jpg

Join us as Corvette Enthusiast magazine showcases the build up of a " New 57 Corvette." Visit the Walden and Younger Corvette Restoration website for updates as we take you through this " New Vette" project. We are teaming with Street Shop, Inc. for a completely new chassis using modern suspension components, Dana 44 rear-end, 17 inch wheels and 4 wheel disc brakes. P57's power will come from a 2004 Z06 Corvette crate engine purchased through a local Chevy dealer and mated to a Tremac 5- speed transmission with a final road gear of .068 for excellent fuel economy. The body is a new Concept '57 purchased through Corvette Central, one of the leading Corvette parts vendors. The new body will be finished off in Onyx Black with Silver Coves and decked out with a Red interior. Creature comforts such as air conditioning, power windows and modern audio components will be incorporated into the build.[/b]

i love that body style. High Speed welding has one they just chopped the living hell out of and tubed the whole thing. The wheel tubs for it are a couple inchs off the drivers seat...............yeah its a tight fit.
[/b]

Did you check out the link i posted? They go through the entire ground-up rebuild

From certain angles it appears that Carroll Shelby borrowed a styling cue from Zora Arkus Duntov for the Cobra!

I wonder how fast this sucker is - i looks like it doesn't weigh too much

What's the HP/torque #'s of a 2004 Z06 motor?

ohhh lordy thats nice...with modern underpinning too gotta love vette enthusiasts

anyone ever see one of those C5 kits that makes it reminicent of the C1? i saw one in kingston IL near belvidere looked OK from the front but looked ugly from the rear...the rear they didnt pull off very well...
[/b]

Year One advertises those, and i agree, the front end is nice but the rear end just doesn't properly match the styling.

My dad's buddy had a '61 'Vette we were towing to US 41 on a flatbed trailer when we hit a huge pothole causing the trailer to come un-hitched allowing the 'Vette to roll down the expressway without a driver @60mph!
The car hit the concrete center divider smashing the front end and ENTIRE left side :(
Needless to say we were consoling a 50+ year old man crying on the side of the highway in shock from what had just happened. Two year restoration project shot to hell in 30 seconds.
If i can find pics i'll post 'em up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info