3800 PCM Swap

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
I believe I have a pcm problem... :unsure: Once I turn on my car my HVAC starts on but it’s off and when I drive the car over heat's and I cant pass emissions either. According to my mechanic it’s a PCM problem so I ordered a pcm from Ed to see if that will work. But my question is will it affect anything with my performance besides what DHP had programmed on my pcm? And will it start up if I do the swap?
HELP ASAP!! :help:

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
No codes its just that my pcm was turning on my hvac when the control was off which was a wierd thing. I have a stock pcm on now and it doesnt turn it on unless i turn it on but my car starts to overheat when driving. I'm guessing cause of the stock program?
[/b]

Are the radiator fans kicking on? Open the hood when it starts to overheat. The fans should be on. If not, then it might not be a stock PCM.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Check and make sure that there isnt a loose or broken pin on the PCM itself. I had this happen to 2 out of 3 of the pcms I have. My stock one is ok, but 1 I bought here, and 1 I bought off clubgp, had a broken PCM pin. It was broken on the inside. You can only find it, while the pcm is Apart.
My fans would start to run as soon as I started the car, even Cold.

HTHs

dude give me a buzz

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info