3800 Fan Issue??

dizave

Regular
Apr 27, 2008
The wife came home bitching about the AC not working and I check it out and my fan is not blowing in air.

What could the problems be? Fuse maybe.

I did get the water problem last week and I have reglued the cowl wheather stripping, but I have not unclogged the AC drain. Could that be the issue?
[/b]

After doing some research sounds like the blower motor resistor, what should a shop charge to replace this?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
<div class='quotemain'>
The wife came home bitching about the AC not working and I check it out and my fan is not blowing in air.

What could the problems be? Fuse maybe.

I did get the water problem last week and I have reglued the cowl wheather stripping, but I have not unclogged the AC drain. Could that be the issue?
[/b]

After doing some research sounds like the blower motor resistor, what should a shop charge to replace this? [/b][/quote]

the blower motor resister will affect all speeds except high, on max the fan will work even if the resister is blown...

more than likely the AC condensate wasnt draining through where it was supposed to and was probably sloshing into the motor...i've seen it a few times, if you look in the passenger footwell where the motor is pull off the rubber hose from the HVAC case to the motor, more than likely water will drain out of the blower motor

if you have a 1/4 inch drive 7mm swivel socket it shouldnt take more than 30 minutes...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list