3800 O2 Simulator for 04+

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Your sig is retarded! How many miles did you have when you purchased the car? Take that pulley off!

I think the code has to be deleted from the PCM. Either way it does not make any difference. You know what code it is and why its there.
[/b]

When i bought the car it had 6K on it. Now it has 38K. Since ive put that pulley on i have not went WOT since I didnt realize the blowers on these cars are different than past years. My bad! Since you seem to know more than i do what size pulley do you recommend? B/c i am think of just going back to my stock pulley until i get things set up properly! So any insight would be great! Thanks

BTW i changed my sig since it wasnt up to par! <_<

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
3.5" pulley, downpipe, colder plugs, 180 degree thermostat, intake, PCM...

That should net you good results with little to no Knock. Honestly, you're not far off and you might be fine with the 3.4. You just need to scan.
[/b]

Thanks!

One more thing what do i need to block out that code from coming up? It came on even with my belt off. I need to get the actual code which i will do tomorrow over at Advance. I am 99% sure its the rear O2. Mainly b/c On Star said it related to the Exhaust / Emissions system. I couldnt believe this either i asked the guy for the actual code and he said he couldnt give me that information and said i have to take it to the dealer. I told him i dont think so and said ill go to Advance for free and he LAUGHS at me! Good Stuff!

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Well i went back to my stock pulley and i am golden.....no codes car runs great! I guess ill save up for a MPS!! But we will see....But this its wierd ever since i put my new PCM i look at my temp guage and it seems to come up to operating temp and never go any higher (even in stop and go traffic)....but the thing is i went and got the car washed today and as i got out to dry it by hand i noticed the fan was running (car was running) but the guage wasnt reading as high as it used to when the fan came on. Any thoughts!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
The aftermarket pcms command the fans to turn on at a lower temp than a stock pcm. Keeping your car running a tad bit cooler. If you have a 180tstat it will be even better.

Honestly with the whole pulley thing its a crapshoot with the 04's. I have a 3.6pulley, powerlog,plugs,180tstat, 2.5 wbodydp,intake and ran both zzp and dhp pcms and still had 3-5KR. Then again my car is the devil!!! 666 are the last digits in my VIN. :lol: Either way Im trading this bad boy in next spring so I dont plan on dumping anymore money into it other than new struts and oil changes. Good luck

BTW the new car will either be a used (newer) TL-S or used (newer) G35s (sedan).

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
The aftermarket pcms command the fans to turn on at a lower temp than a stock pcm. Keeping your car running a tad bit cooler. If you have a 180tstat it will be even better.

Honestly with the whole pulley thing its a crapshoot with the 04's. I have a 3.6pulley, powerlog,plugs,180tstat, 2.5 wbodydp,intake and ran both zzp and dhp pcms and still had 3-5KR. Then again my car is the devil!!! 666 are the last digits in my VIN. :lol: Either way Im trading this bad boy in next spring so I dont plan on dumping anymore money into it other than new struts and oil changes. Good luck

BTW the new car will either be a used (newer) TL-S or used (newer) G35s (sedan).
[/b]

Well i wish i would of done a little research before i bought this thing. It has been nothing more than a PITA. Well i am happy for the most part with it and i am pretty much on the same path as you are in terms of done modding and possibly getting rid of it as well......
Good choices for your next ride. Good luck!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Well i wish i would of done a little research before i bought this thing. It has been nothing more than a PITA. Well i am happy for the most part with it and i am pretty much on the same path as you are in terms of done modding and possibly getting rid of it as well......
Good choices for your next ride. Good luck!
[/b][/quote]

Dont get me wrong I love my GP. As far as modding goes thats a lil different. Get a intercooler and you will be good as gold! By the time I trade her in I would have put all 65K miles on her. (purchased 20 miles) And she has been pretty dam good to me! A few issues here and there but she started for me EVERY day! Dont be discouraged by my post I was just tellin you my experiences! Just go to clubgp.com and in the 2004 section look at the HP/1/4 mile times list and use that as motivation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list