TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Total for Intense Trans since Original purchase:
$4300 FULL intense trans..optioned out. 12/21/04
$750.....Broken Band(original) not replcaced from intense!!! 1/1/05
$350.....New HD DIFF install after metal shaving issues from Gen II DIff 6/6/05
$1500....Intense TC failure...very common problem 5/25/07

$6900 :angry:
Honestly, the worst financial decsision of my life........

Could have had 4-5 rebuilds at this point ar at least 2-3 BRAND new GM trans installed....
$6900 :angry:

Stay away....dont even think about it....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
John, as much as I'm sure everyone here would love to, you really can't blame them for the converter. It was a Protorque converter that failed and Intense wasn't the only company to sell them.

Do you still have the converter? The Protorque problems are well documented. Perhaps you can contact them.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I am picking the car up tommorow and told them to keep all parts, etc......because of all the special parts in it. What whould contacting them do? Ship another one?

I understand Mike, but not replacing the bands in a $4300 rebuild is terrrible. Add to that, the fact that they sold and installed a GEN II Diff on my car just days b4 the whole thing hit the internet. I know they knew about that BS problem.

Gladly, they took my money and rolled the dice on it.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I am picking the car up tommorow and told them to keep all parts, etc......because of all the special parts in it. What whould contacting them do? Ship another one?

I understand Mike, but not replacing the bands in a $4300 rebuild is terrrible. Add to that, the fact that they sold and installed a GEN II Diff on my car just days b4 the whole thing hit the internet. I know they knew about that BS problem.

[/b]

Side note:

Got the trans installed at 92k....bands then replaced at about 92.6k miles.....or a few hundred miles/days after I returned from Ohio. Last breakdown occured at about 125k and was teh TC failure. Since then I have dropped and changed the fluid and filter around 5-7 times because of the bronze shavings!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Side note:

Got the trans installed at 92k....bands then replaced at about 92.6k miles.....or a few hundred miles/days after I returned from Ohio. Last breakdown occured at about 125k and was teh TC failure. Since then I have dropped and changed the fluid and filter around 5-7 times because of the bronze shavings!
[/b][/quote]

Again, this trans has been pampered to death.....no burnouts, now WOT runs in years......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info