3800 Car Died

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
So on my way to a friends house I stopped at a red light, and then out of nowhere car stalls and wouldn't start back up. Pushed it over to the side, tried it one more time, it started for a few seconds and then died again. Since it wasn't that far from my friends house I walked, came back the next morning and car started just fine.

Only code I get is P0102 but I did unplug the MAF the day it died since I had some issues with it on the past.

Replaced the MAF with a used MAF I bought, just in case, but I don't know if a bad MAF would've caused this.

Any Ideas? The car is back at my place but don't feel like driving it and getting stuck on the road again.

Thanks.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Does this usually happens when idling or cruising under 10 MPH and/or WOT acceleration. also does your car have trouble cranking over? Does it take like 2 or 3 cranks for the car to start? If so I would say your CPS is going bad. Probably need to replace it.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Does this usually happens when idling or cruising under 10 MPH and/or WOT acceleration. also does your car have trouble cranking over? Does it take like 2 or 3 cranks for the car to start? If so I would say your CPS is going bad. Probably need to replace it.
[/b]

Nope, starts up right away. It is iddleling a little bit bad, but nothing extremely noticeable. I will take around the block tonight and see what happens. Hopefully I won't end up pushing the car again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list