3800 dude where's my car?

• Thread starter imported_silverbullet
  • Start date
I

imported_silverbullet

i'm without a car this week...and it sucks! :( wish i have a beater right now. the monte is in fort wayne at trannyman95's garage right now. i'm having him install xp cam, 3.29, input shalf, n* tb, and rebuild the tranny. here are some pics so far. he said he will try to get it done by wednesday/thursday.

Ryan04SS5.jpg

Ryan04SS4.jpg

Ryan04SS3.jpg

Ryan04SS2.jpg

Ryan04SS1.jpg

I

imported_silverbullet

$1500 for the complete tranny rebuild and $500 for the cam install. the reason he charge me $1500 cause he's also doing my father's gtp tranny too that's why he gave us discount. email him he's very flexible with his price. whatever you don't need to be replace he'll tell you and won't charge you. he also do porting too like heads and blower.

I

imported_silverbullet

he recommend me to stick with stock, but if i want to upgrade i should go with the 2500 from zzp. this is my DD by the way. sure i want it fast i'll take it to the track once i learn how to launch. i'll probally get the 2500 tc later after i do the heads and ic sometime in the fall.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
he recommend me to stick with stock, but if i want to upgrade i should go with the 2500 from zzp. this is my DD by the way. sure i want it fast i'll take it to the track once i learn how to launch. i'll probally get the 2500 tc later after i do the heads and ic sometime in the fall.
[/b]

Stepping up 1 higher then stock is not a big deal at all vs. the gains had by it. Not sure why you would want to stay with the stock unit anyway.

I

imported_silverbullet

here are the finish up pics of the monte. dave told me he ran into few problems, so thing didn't went right like the way i want it. i'm NOT FLAMING on any vendors so don't take it personal. 1. zzp didn't program the 3.29 gear in the pcm. , the good thing is zzp pcm is not locked. dave said he will download the file for me. 2.wbs mod fuel didn't fit right. the line is hitting on the alternator and one of the line is too close to the blower and it can't be screw down. i'm going to have to email mike if he will give me store credit or refund. 3.3800performance send me the wrong gauge pod. i will post pic later to see if anybody know what kind of car it belong to. 4.napa solid motor mount won't fit cause the bolts are too close together. the good news is dave said as far as the cam and tranny rebuilt it all went smooth. the car idle nice and loud like the way i want it. most of the problems are just cosmetic stuff hopefully an email to the vendors will iron everything out!

Ryan04SSpics008.jpg

Ryan04SSpics007.jpg

Ryan04SSpics006.jpg

Ryan04SSpics005.jpg

Ryan04SSpics004.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info