3800 well sad news....

I

imported_1fastGTP

well i tried getting the car done in time for this weekend. got the car dropped off at the WBS trans shop on wed. i got a call today that it just wasnt enough time... so my car will miss mod/race day.. but hey im hoping there will be another this year. i will be going still so i get to see all the old faces and meet newcomers if there are any.

well im just ranting cuz i had a tiring day.. went to bed around 5am to get up at 9:30 and get to work on my friends prix. popped his hood and took off the CAI and then the TB.. to see that there was a few puddles of coolant inside... so i told justin that and then went back outside to start taking off the fuel rails, so i can clean up the spots of shit that was just chilling there... and i had no clue what in the world it was... so i get a good view of it.. and it seems like some sort of oil/coolant sitting there in the pockets of where the lim sits.. anyways it looks nasty, and im like screw it im going to take off the supercharger and see how it looks there. well that looked fine.. so we decided to go to the dealer and pick up the gaskets. got the tb and the supercharger gasket and then thought hell why the whole top is basically off might as well do the LIM. so we got that and went back home. i took off the lim and YUCK! this shit was just bad... cleaned it all up and put the new gaskets on and placed the LIM back on! looks awesome! clean as a whistle. cleaned the top of the LIM and RTV'd it put the gasket on slapped the blower on! so far so good! cleaned the tb RTV'd that slapped the gasket on and put the tb together. after everything is back on we start it up and ITS A GO! so i did my first big project and turned out great! so i thought i would share that with all of you. anyways im tired and just feel like relaxing, so i shall see everyone thats going to mod day.

Shaun

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Last time I had a mod day over here, I did the same project you did today, then a front suspension rebuild, then a set of TOG's...and I was also hosting the mod day...hehe. (I think I worked for over 20 hours with one 20min break)

It's always a long process the first time into the motor though! Good to hear it was just the TB gasket, I kinda figured that's what it sounded like.

I

imported_1fastGTP

haha the other thing that made me happy was there were no other bolts laying after i put everything back together! haha cuz alot of times that happens when doing a 1st project! but he just a needs a quick tune, cuz his shifts are kind of messed up it feels like it downshifts.. then shifts its really messed.. but his gas milage improved!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list