3800 Gas prices higher and higher

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Record profits for the Oil companies.
Price to refine oil has gone UP...(supposedly)
Barrel of Oil has gone down?

Summer is coming and lots of ppl will be driving..
So why not stick it to the consumers..

Funny how the GOVT tried to regulate every other aspect of our life. but God forbid they lock horns with the OIL companies ..Oh wait i know why because they all have stock in oil companies an futures..

I started to take the metra..Lots less stress and my wallet wont take such a large hit.

So if anyone is in the downtown area and wants to hit happy hour let me know. Last train to orland leaves at 11:40 OM.LOL!!

02GT

May 7, 2008
Funny how the GOVT tried to regulate every other aspect of our life. but God forbid they lock horns with the OIL companies ..Oh wait i know why because they all have stock in oil companies an futures..

I seem to remember the Democrats making gas prices a campaign issue last election, and how they were going to do something about it. Well, were waiting !!!!!!! $4.00 a gallon is total BS!!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
shit people complain about gas prices yet they dont even factor in the "Hot fuel" issues...

remember a gallon at 60* is what your supposed to get...my dad has seen diesel at 87* filling his truck and has never seen it at 60*...so yeah you dont even get a full gallon....you get an expanded gallon....we need to switch to a weight measure not a displacement measure (that changes based on temp's) to get an equal amount of energy. what would you wrather have a 100proof shot or watered down 90 proof?

so yeah that factors into their profits as well, it's a huge issue with OOIDA (that and the mexican trucking issues...the DOT needs to pull it's head out of it's ass...and selling our countries hyways and infrastructure is gonna kill us in the long run) just goes to show you how much special interests have affected things in our gov...first ship manufacturing jobs to mexico/overseas...now they want to give the transportation/logistics work to them also...

[/american pride rant]

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
This is really getting out of hand. Honestly. :angry:

Should be intresting to see where the enconomies go as more and more of peoples budgets go to strictly gasoline. Also, everything else will increase with rising transportation cost.

We really do need to start raising the CAFE standards for car manufacturers like we have not done in almost 20 years.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
China, India, and Pakistan have a good reason why prices are higher, but it’s also funny how the gas companies have posted the biggest profits ever.....-in the world!

In the end, Americans will pay anything for a gallon of gas. Few will actually find alternative means or ways to reduce consumption.

This country really needs to start using other forms of energy. I am so tired of being controlled by the oil companies.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
China, India, and Pakistan have a good reason why prices are higher, but it’s also funny how the gas companies have posted the biggest profits ever.....-in the world![/b]
What the oil companies make is a moot point unless they're manipulating the market (purposely shorting supply, shutting down plants that don't need to be shut down, etc). They are in business to make money and they are only responsible to their shareholders.

Oil companies are the only companies that become vilianized when prices go up. I don't understand that.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
im selling most of the GPs and getting a vespa [/b]

LMFAO! :lol:

i need to start distilling....my 68 will run on alcohol quite nicely lol

honestly with most american innovation comming from common people with great ideas, it's no wonder much of our automotive culture is subsiding, so few of these people have jobs making things here in the US and so few of those actually get their idea's researched and developed, or hell start their own company...

there are those working on many different idea's....i just dont see how the big oil is helping to REALLY fund R&D....though now i see BP commercials where they seem to be trying to sell an idea that they are innovative in finding/havesting fossil fuels....as opposed to renewables (uh why not eliminate subsides if farmers have something to grow and sell, what a great fucking idea!!!)...i wonder what thats about...

no one has pride in buying american...the dream used to be retire at 55 with a caddy in the drive, now we work till we're 65 and want to keep up with the jones

hell are levi's still made in the states or have they outsourced also? and thats americana... (remember those god awfull vans in the 70's...i saw one done in pure denim lol)

that was funny as hell bob...lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Oil companies are the only companies that become vilianized when prices go up. I don't understand that. [/b]

but then there's the oil lobby...with it's firm grip on our gov'

they are a huge contributor since they do have the ability to fix the market, yes we've been due for a market adjustment to come more in line with the rest of the worlds prices, but you have to admit that they would be able to do almost whatever they want as long as there is demand for fuel <_<

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Don't you think there will be a point where people can't afford it anymore??

Its costing some people more to get to work than what there jobs worth..[/b]
I'm sure it's getting to that point right now Stacey. It generally affects few people first but then as it continues to impact on a larger scale companies than adjust pay for cost of living increases. In the end people either trim the fat, buy cheaper cars, or suck it up.

We did this to ourselves. There is no other country that has as many vehicles as large as ours. For years we embraced large, gas guzzling suvs. Now we pay the piper.

It's a good time to buy an SUV though! I picked up the Excursion for $12,000 last year when gas prices were over $3.00.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Don't you think there will be a point where people can't afford it anymore??

Its costing some people more to get to work than what there jobs worth..[/b]
I'm sure it's getting to that point right now Stacey. It generally affects few people first but then as it continues to impact on a larger scale companies than adjust pay for cost of living increases. In the end people either trim the fat, buy cheaper cars, or suck it up.

We did this to ourselves. There is no other country that has as many vehicles as large as ours. For years we embraced large, gas guzzling suvs. Now we pay the piper.

It's a good time to buy an SUV though! I picked up the Excursion for $12,000 last year when gas prices were over $3.00.
[/b]
i'm afraid to ask what it costs to fill up...........probably $125(????)

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
gas prices suck. I went from filling up with 87 with the GAGT to now with the Monte paying for Premium and I spend approx. $200-250 per month on gas alone. Yet another reason why I am job searching for a job closer then 22 miles away from home!

Our gas went up $0.30 last friday because it was fishing opener (so retarded), and now it's dropped $0.15 since then but still $3.14 for 87, cheaper then IL by just a little.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
MIKE K,

Trust me, Im about as far from an enviormentalist/democrat as possible but I really do believe the oil companies and other countries are screwing with the USA and its people.

Yes, I know most of the USA has caused this upon itself, but the GOVT has done almost nothing for 25 years with the CAFE standards for cars......22.5 MPG since 1985~~~!!!!!!!! :unsure: :angry:

Your telling me in almost 25 years and all the increases in technology and materials our CAFE standards cant be higher? We should be at 30-35 MPG right now....easy

ALSO, the GOVT has litterally done almost nothing in terms of alternative fuels/energies research...or what has been done is really just to calm the public down about it.

SORRY, but I just cannot take the U.S. being strangled by other countries oil supply and our GOVTs short falls in terms of energy policies the last 25 years........absoulutley terrible. :angry:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Actually, when gas got down to $2.00 a gallon this past March it was only $100.00 or so per fillup (350 - 450 miles). Now it's closer to $150.00.

A tank lasts me about two weeks (now that I have the bike probably a month) so it's not as bad as it seems.

John, I hear you and I agree but the blame doesn't lie solely with the government. The government's problem is that they're damned if they do; damned if they don't.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
NOt buying gas for one day does nothing. It just shifts the supply and demand curve forward or backward 1 day.

Most people bought gas on the 14th or 16th instead.........barley a hick up if you could call it that. <_<

Now, not buying gas from one supplier(BP) for a month might be a little better to shift prices a tiny bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info