3800 Suspension guys

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Should I replace them along with my new struts? I have 144K on this POS. I'm thinking I should, found a shop that will charge $45 for each one.

What's the best store to get them from ($$ is a factor). Do we get any discounts at WBS Store? :D

Thanks.
[/b]
I got mine from wbs. they have a good price on Delco (they were when I got them).

REPLACE, anytime you put on new struts!!!!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Yes, or you will put on your new struts and start to have them create a popping noise.

at 140k, you need new everything...springs, struts, strut mounts, etc...

My car is at 125k and its starting to feel like crap and Im already on my second set from about 50k miles ago.

Thinking about putting on a 3rd set on soon.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
dude i'll help you change your struts let me know... $45 each? i'll do it for less.
[/b]

Thanks, The shop has to do some more suspension work, sounds like I have a broken bar on the front right side? So I'm hoping I can get a better price.

Rock Auto had Monroe Strut Mounts for $105/all four and they arrived next day. Get the part numbers off Monroe's website and then search at www.rockauto.com/
[/b]

I can't find "Strut Mounts" on there, strut bearings and such but no mounts. I'll take a look at the rockauto site. Thanks

Yes, or you will put on your new struts and start to have them create a popping noise.

at 140k, you need new everything...springs, struts, strut mounts, etc...

My car is at 125k and its starting to feel like crap and Im already on my second set from about 50k miles ago.

Thinking about putting on a 3rd set on soon.
[/b]

Wow a third one already! I know my suspension needed to be changed years a go, I just never made my mind up about it, thought of selling it and getting another. But now I'm trying to get it running nice and smooth and if I ever find another (better) GTP I might just keep both and have the old one as the daily driver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info