3800 mod day tuning???

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
I'm happy to help, find me at the meet, and we'll go out for some runs, and get er runnin right ;)
[/b]

Mat, do you think you can hook me up as well? I dont know of anyone with a PT or HPT for a 97 Regal.

If not, thats cool, just throwing that out there.
[/b][/quote]

Assuming I have time, I don't mind at all.

Hopefully my car won't need any attention, and phatride's car isn't too much trouble.
Time permitting, I'm always happy to help, especially the 97 guys since 97 tuners are a little more rare, and people with tuning experience on 97s are few and far between.

Just come bug me if you see me and I'm not doing something important looking :p

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I'm happy to help, find me at the meet, and we'll go out for some runs, and get er runnin right ;)
[/b]

Mat, do you think you can hook me up as well? I dont know of anyone with a PT or HPT for a 97 Regal.

[/b][/quote]

phatride's car isn't too much trouble.

[/b][/quote]

i dont know how much time to expect...but im not THAT far off from what i can tell lol. idle ltft is +16....it zero's out at WOT but im throwing a 171 because it's lean. I see a little KR up top, it needs more fuel. Plus I think after i had the motor out, now the sway bar is hitting the header...i am going to remove the sway bar or at least flip it to be sure it's not an issue.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Assuming I have time, I don't mind at all.

Hopefully my car won't need any attention, and phatride's car isn't too much trouble.
Time permitting, I'm always happy to help, especially the 97 guys since 97 tuners are a little more rare, and people with tuning experience on 97s are few and far between.

Just come bug me if you see me and I'm not doing something important looking :p
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Mat.

Sorry for threadjacking phat.. :unsure:

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Eric, partyharddoo is going to be there, he is good at tuning.
[/b]

Now that is funny....LOL
[/b][/quote]

I dont get it...
[/b][/quote]

What led you to the conclusion that he's good at tuning?
his slow alky car?
[/b][/quote]

Considering all he had was alky, headers and a pulley drop I think he was doing just fine. Obviously he must have some knowledge on tuning. That was a real asanine statement.

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
<div class='quotemain'>
nothing asinine about my statement, mid-high 13s on DR's and a 3.2 pulley is far from impressive...

some knowledge of tuning =! "good at tuning"
[/b]

He ran a 13.4 @ 104 with street tires I believe. What is "impressive to you?"
[/b][/quote]

If i remember right gibson on clubgp helped him with most of the tuning. And also he had a ton of kr if i recall. And his tune seemed to switch every week from a 3.2 with 24* timing to 2.8 with some timing and it never quite ran right. And if i recall also the only time the car had no kr was when he was having the bbv problems and was only running like 8psi of boost. Car ran faster than me but only decent for the 60 ft and all he had. A generic dhp or zzp 1.0 would have done the same thing on drag radials and race gas.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Eric cant log on here with his account he wants to say:

yeah gibson started to help me tune but after that i worked off my own tune. I used some of the tips he gave me because he started tuning with alky well before me. the only time i had a alot of kr is when i had a bad ground on my controller. other then that it ran good. and yeah i wanted to see what had more power....smaller pulley vs. low timing and bigger pulley vs. high timing. and i found that the bigger puelly/high timing was faster at the track. Ron and me thought i was having bbv problems but it was really my belt that was slipping. and "A generic dhp or zzp 1.0 would have done the same thing on drag radials and race gas." yeah if you wanna pay 9$ a gallon for race gas, get a dhp pcm, and buy dragradials fine....i did it with 93 octane, street tires, and a tune by me and help from gibson.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Eric, partyharddoo is going to be there, he is good at tuning.
[/b]

Now that is funny....LOL
[/b][/quote]

I dont get it...
[/b][/quote]

What led you to the conclusion that he's good at tuning?
his slow alky car?
[/b][/quote]

Considering all he had was alky, headers and a pulley drop I think he was doing just fine. Obviously he must have some knowledge on tuning. That was a real asanine statement.
[/b][/quote]

And he tuned my car and did a pretty good job.. Once I get headers and maybe a IC I would consider asking him to help me out again, or ask Ron again..

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You guys are forgetting that Mat, at the tender age of less than a quarter century old, knows everything about these cars and has no qualms making you all aware of such...

College is supposed to teach you that you know nothing, not the other way around. Bleh.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
You guys are forgetting that Mat, at the tender age of less than a quarter century old, knows everything about these cars and has no qualms making you all aware of such...

College is supposed to teach you that you know nothing, not the other way around. Bleh.
[/b]

meh, whatever...

I have a car, it runs, and generally, fairly well.

yourself?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I didn't realize my lack of a running car had anything to do with being a condescending know-it-all.

You want to offer your opinion? Great, but do it that way. I can't count how many times I've seen you belittle people on various forums or turn your opinions into absolutes.

I don't doubt your knowledge; I just wish you would share it with a softer touch.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info