3800 97-98 L67 and 99+ L36 MAF difference

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, I am getting tired of the car driving like ass due to my MAF sensor. Its starting to get to the point where it is unreliable. So since I am a broke ass, I decided to try and swap my L36 MAF for a 97 L67 MAF. Well to my unwanted suprise they are WAY different. WOOT. :rolleyes: Excuse the pic since its from my phone. 97 L67 on the left and 99 L36 on the right.

ATT13573223.jpg

Anyone got any other bright ideas besides buying another L36? I was thinking of picking up a LQ4 MAF for the future. Should I just do that now and attempt to flash my PCM for it?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I think the LQ4 may give you trouble tuning until air demand goes up. It might be easier to use a Early LS1 MAF for tuning. Since you are considering a top swap (I think) the LQ4 might not be a bad idea, but you may have trouble getting the idle dialed in N/A.

Give Justin a call over at Casper's. He gave me an LQ4 for a steal a year or so ago. I got their last one at the time, but they seem to get in things like that from time to time. He's always a great help, so he might at least turn you on to a good place local to get one.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, I still am getting all the parts for the top swap. Thats where the LQ4 MAF would come into play. I figured it would be a tuning nightmare for now. It was just an idea.

I already have a prospect on a LQ4 MAF. Just didnt want to pick it up just yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Fish
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list