3800 You just cant have anything nice these days

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Friday night Chipmonk and I went to go see Spiderman 3 and when I walk out to my car I find that my windshield is broken. I do not think this was a accident because of the extreme damage and the movie theather is not in the best of neighborhood. I am luck that only the windshild was damaged. I made a police report and I am going to check the insurance to see what will be covered, I have full coverage.
IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
That sucks dude, but I want to say it was not on purpose because of the location. If someone was pissed at you or wanted to get even, most people would do it right in the center of the windshield and make it look a lot worse. Be thankful it's the windshield and not the body.

I had to pay $1750 (did not want to go through insurance to jack up my rates) to fix my windows and body from some punk-ass kids who hit my car with a bb gun last Halloween... as a joke they hit over 60 cars total.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
YEAH, Im looking for a windshield and I have been quoted way cheaper than that.. Also, if it happened at the movies or on there property, they should be responsible for the damage.. they should have cameras and stuff...
[/b]

Incorrect. They are not responsible, nor do they have to have cameras. And even if they do have cameras there is no gurantee that they saw what happened if they are on a pattern.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
YEAH, Im looking for a windshield and I have been quoted way cheaper than that.. Also, if it happened at the movies or on there property, they should be responsible for the damage.. they should have cameras and stuff...[/b]

I believe you park at your own risk.

Incorrect. They are not responsible, nor do they have to have cameras. And even if they do have cameras there is no gurantee that they saw what happened if they are on a pattern.[/b]

A friends car got hit at Woodfield mall he works there and parks right by the camera. He went to security and asked if he can look at the video to get a linsce plate or something. They basically told him to fuck off. If he wants to see the videos he has to fill out a police report and have cops come review the videos for him. I quess the cameras are there for really serious matters.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
haters...

I didn't know there was a bad neighborhood down where you live lol
[/b]

um... Kankakee, rated the worst city in america by david letterman. #8 or #9 on americas top 10 cities based on forclosure rates on homes. its like 23%. there is about a 2 square mile area in kankakee that would probably bring the rest of the states per capita income up by about $10,000 if they were to become non-existant......

where you have poverty, you have crime.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
YEAH, Im looking for a windshield and I have been quoted way cheaper than that.. Also, if it happened at the movies or on there property, they should be responsible for the damage.. they should have cameras and stuff...[/b]

I believe you park at your own risk.[/b]

Correct.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Incorrect. They are not responsible, nor do they have to have cameras. And even if they do have cameras there is no gurantee that they saw what happened if they are on a pattern.[/b]

A friends car got hit at Woodfield mall he works there and parks right by the camera. He went to security and asked if he can look at the video to get a linsce plate or something. They basically told him to fuck off. If he wants to see the videos he has to fill out a police report and have cops come review the videos for him. I quess the cameras are there for really serious matters.
[/b][/quote]

Sounds about right. We do the same thing. No one is allowed to view footage. People always ask. We always say no.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I got the new HUD windshield installed today at work so and I got a hella deal on it. List price was $351 and I paid $175 just for the glass. After labor and everything it was $263. My coworker who workes for the glass division did the work on my GP.
Cutting the old glass out
0507071030.jpg

No glass
0507071032.jpg

Finishing up with the freshly installed windshield
0507071111.jpg

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
<div class='quotemain'>
haters...

[/b]

um... Kankakee, rated the worst city in america by david letterman. #8 or #9 on americas top 10 cities based on forclosure rates on homes. its like 23%. there is about a 2 square mile area in kankakee that would probably bring the rest of the states per capita income up by about $10,000 if they were to become non-existant......

[/b][/quote]

x2. I grew up in a pretty rough neighborhood, and there are parts of Kankakee even I won't go into. I always take the junkiest car possible to the Paramount downtown or to the Meadowview.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
haters...

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

x2. I grew up in a pretty rough neighborhood, and there are parts of Kankakee even I won't go into. I always take the junkiest car possible to the Paramount downtown or to the Meadowview.
[/b][/quote]

Yes, very true and I should have known better. My gut feeling was not to drive the GP but I did it anyways.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Good ol Stankakee....

Damn! That sucks Dan. I'm glad to see you got it fixed relativley cheap considering...

You should of know better to park your car at the Paramount. I'm guessing that you parked away from everyone and that left your car in the open for a easy target.?

For future reference, you know where I live if you ever need to park it in a safe place :) I'll drive it real slow I MEAN watch it real closely :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info