3800 Follow-up to previous post - Technical Info here

Drob8

Jan 27, 2008
Can someone review this information and let me know if it means anything. This is info that was stored in my PCM. I finally opened it up a little bit and right as I hit about 95, my SES light started flashing. I just finally got my OBD-2 scanner reinstalled, so I think I'm finally ready to get some scans in while I'm driving, but here's some info that I was able to pull out sitting in the garage:

***Failure Record - 1:
Trouble code that caused required freeze frame data storage = P0300 Random Misfire Detected
Fuel System 1 and 2 Status = System 1 Open loop due to driving conditions(power enrichment, deceleration enleanment)
Calculated load value = 62.7 percent
Engine coolant temperature = 176 degrees Farenheit
Short term fuel trim - Bank 1 and Bank 3 = 0.0 percent correction lambda
Long term fuel trim - Bank 1 and Bank 3 = 6.3 percent increase lean correction
Intake manifold absolute pressure = 46.8 inches of mercury.(0 is a absolute vacuum)
Manifold Absolute Pressure PID 0B Voltage = 7.90
Engine speed = 3781 crank shaft revolutions per minute
Vehicle speed sensor = 92.0 miles per hour
Air flow rate from mass air flow sensor = 21.348 pounds/minute
Absolute throttle position = 79.6 percent
Idle Air Controller Position Counts = 143
Load Engine Percent = 83.1
Injector Pulse Width Modulation milliseconds = 15.79
Air Fuel Ratio = 11.9

***Failure Record - 2:
Trouble code that caused required freeze frame data storage = Data not stored in module. Any data reported may not be valid.
Fuel System 1 and 2 Status = System 1 Closed loop - using oxygen sensor(s) as feedback for fuel control
Calculated load value = 17.6 percent
Engine coolant temperature = 172 degrees Farenheit
Short term fuel trim - Bank 1 and Bank 3 = 0.0 percent correction lambda
Long term fuel trim - Bank 1 and Bank 3 = -12.5 percent decrease rich correction
Intake manifold absolute pressure = 32.3 inches of mercury.(0 is a absolute vacuum)
Manifold Absolute Pressure PID 0B Voltage = 5.28
Engine speed = 1467 crank shaft revolutions per minute
Vehicle speed sensor = 53.4 miles per hour
Air flow rate from mass air flow sensor = 6.164 pounds/minute
Absolute throttle position = 22.4 percent
Idle Air Controller Position Counts = 117
Load Engine Percent = 63.5
Injector Pulse Width Modulation milliseconds = 8.94
Air Fuel Ratio = 14.7

The car does still sputter at WOT. If someone has ideas on what to scan for when I'm driving, I'm sure I can collect the data and post the results. So, I'm basically a guy with a decent tool that knows how to work it, but doesn't understand a thing about what it collects. HELP! :)

Mike

Drob8

Jan 27, 2008
Is that you Johnny O (CoolGTX)?

I finally got on the road today with the laptop hooked up. Cylinder 5 has 300 historical misfires, all other cylnders are 0. I monitored cyl 5 on the way to work and didn't get a single misfire. I did only get it up to about 85 or so, but it seemed to drive well. Does that history get cleared when I pull the battery? I just did that last weekend when I changed the fuel filter.

I probably replaced the plugs less than 10K ago with Autolite 103s. I had NGKs in for about 10K and I started getting the sputter and lagging, so I switched to the Autolites and that seemed to clear things up, but now its back. Wires I did back in 2001 when I got the car - Taylor 8mm from PFYC.com. That was 120,000 miles ago.

I'll check the wires today just to make sure everything's tight. Do you think it's about time for new wires?

Mike

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Is that you Johnny O (CoolGTX)?

I finally got on the road today with the laptop hooked up. Cylinder 5 has 300 historical misfires, all other cylnders are 0. I monitored cyl 5 on the way to work and didn't get a single misfire. I did only get it up to about 85 or so, but it seemed to drive well. Does that history get cleared when I pull the battery? I just did that last weekend when I changed the fuel filter.

I probably replaced the plugs less than 10K ago with Autolite 103s. I had NGKs in for about 10K and I started getting the sputter and lagging, so I switched to the Autolites and that seemed to clear things up, but now its back. Wires I did back in 2001 when I got the car - Taylor 8mm from PFYC.com. That was 120,000 miles ago.

I'll check the wires today just to make sure everything's tight. Do you think it's about time for new wires?

Mike
[/b]

Usually its just new wires and plugs........with 120k mile wires.....Id bet thats it. Slight chace its a coil pack issue but not much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list