3800 Happy four20!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
wakin' bake ladies...soon i will be able to do some basic headwork for the community...

i actually need to drill the holes to bolt the tables down instead of C clamps and 4" jaw visegrips lol

but i got the polished blower setup and started milling out the divider bottom before switching to the tilt table for 45* milling of the outlet for my "turtle" work

works really well i'd have to say....till i got greedy and started removing material too fast (ohhh it was cookin'! i milled out over an inch in less than 10minutes!)...and i broke the carbide in the router bit...i cant wait for the nice 4 flute endmills (plus a couple ball end mills) to arrive :D

oh the lumi has a few more dents and a few less parts and al's wife did her brakes on her 01GAGT ( i was supposed to help but i just acted as gopher (it seems only i can find my "organized" tools) and let her get dirty.

i guess i missed 420am posting...i am leaving for work...gotta weld in some roof bracing at a factory

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
here's thousands of words fer ya

we took the whole 98 3100 harness (eventually the 93 GP will get it so we can tune for the better gears of the LQ1 trans)

strippedlumi3.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...rippedlumi2.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...o-lumiparts.jpg

not bad work for a friday night and saturday morning and afternoon... :lolsign:

wait whats this?

millingarea1.jpg

here's how far i got before i broke the router bit getting greedy with the material removal

blowermilling2.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...werclamped1.jpg

and fer good measure the pics of the LIM and head porting/work

442LIM1.jpg

98L67headporting1.jpg

tedious work but so far they are comming out great

98L67headporting3.jpg

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Yea, you should get a couple bits for doing that, I broke once after about 2 min cause I was trying to go to fast. One just wore out before I was done. It looks like the same bit I was using to port out my blower, Ryobi I think. Looking good though.
CJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i have a couple of 4 flute end mills i am ready to order, one large enough to cut down guides, i have my eye on two ball end mills too

so far today i helped get bigsammoe's Imp headers sealed up, fixed his broken engine mount al has started on some quick painting of the 3100 parts since we have to pull his younger sisters 3100 topend in her 98 Monte for lifters and gaskets...a 10$ can of paint Bday present for her lol

waiting for eric to get over here so we can do some work to the Riv i have an eye on a new IC pump setup using the stiffer cast iron bracket...and a GM ps pump (i am hoping for 12-14 gpm at redline from it's larger gerotor pump...plus easy install of an old blower pulley (see fella's i think i found a use for your paperweights! lol)

hey bob i'll be calling you in a bit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turbocharged400sbc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list