3800 Some pics from the weekend

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
:eek:

Twopiececrankshaft9.jpg

this is why reman cranks suck....at the time eric couldnt source a good used crank... the fracture started at the welded fillet area between the # 1 and 2 journals...the crank counterweights took out the bottoms of # 1 and 2 pistons...this failure happened at less than 2k rpm as he was in a left hand turn lane stopped and had just started moving when it failed...

Twopiececrankshaft1.jpg

i dont have pics of the pistons (or whats left of #1 and 2) but here are the bent valves on his 150k heads...excessive guidewear has relegated these to the mockup pile...

bentvalves2.jpg

our glass beaded ported LIM (didnt take a pic of after paint...yet)

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/tu...sbeadedLIM4.jpg

i didnt take pictures of the head porting and blower porting, but Joe got to see ;) (he still has not detailed his engine compartment lol)

sam i couldnt get ahold of ya to do that welding?

i dont know how fast we can get everything done in time for the mod/drag days but we are deffinatly gonna be ready in early sept for the Oldsmobile nationals at Byron

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
hey james.. some family things came up and my phone was not even with me.. every thing is good now so back to needing those welds and a GP coil plate.. makin holes didnt work as well as i wanted....

but power adder sounds so awsome right now..
ill give you a call or u call me later on...

tell eric... sorry and time for faster car!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I have an engine, a car, and a power adder waiting for you James! [/b]
we have a twin engine, twin power adder car waiting for us already...

but if it's free it's fer me :D :p lol we were actually playing with Al's new welder on sunday...

hey james.. some family things came up and my phone was not even with me.. every thing is good now so back to needing those welds and a GP coil plate.. makin holes didnt work as well as i wanted....

but power adder sounds so awsome right now..
ill give you a call or u call me later on...

tell eric... sorry and time for faster car! [/b]

no problem, we'll just have to find time

eric already has a 25k 05 L32 longblock tossed in, while the 98 block will get a full bore buildup

Oh and today i got the rest of my machining parts! wooot! i havent gotten the chance to play yet but i will soon... ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turbocharged400sbc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list