3800 Exhaust Shop

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
well if the DP is hitting the sway, try flipping it. It could cause false knock and hurt performance.
[/b]

Yeah its running pretty sluggish! But i dont wanna pay some shop 100 bucks to flip my sway bar. What does it take to do this? b/c all i have is a small tool set nothing extensive! If anyone has tools and is willing to help let me know ill throw you some cash or beer whatever u like better haha!

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
Ok so maybe im am idiot, i took a closer look today and there is plenty of clearance between the DP and the sway bar. The noise i am hearing has stopped but when i do hear it its more of a rattle than a banging sound. Also took her out today and got on her, runs good just gotta get used to it being a little louder i guess since the new pipe doesnt have that mini muffler on it that the stock one had. Welp looks like ill be purchasing a PCM here shortly to complete my project on this car.

CompGd

Regular
Aug 16, 2008
Carol Stream
The rattle could be the pipe or cat hitting the heat shield. Also when you checked the clearence for the swaybar were the fron tires on the ground? That will make a difference in clearence.
[/b]

Yeah i just popped the hood and had a clear view down thru along the firewall. And your right the cat was vibrating on the heat sheild so i took care of that today and havent heard it since so now things are lookin up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info