3800 I lost something....

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
My tensioner is shot, and I ran over something important that came out of my engine bay. I had bad vibrations so I removed the SC belt, and now I'm running minus the charger. I need a quick and effective fix, which most likely sounds like it would just be a larger, oversized tensioner pulley. I don't know what I ran over, but it was black and decently sized, and nothing appears to be missing, however my car wasn't producing full boost under acceleration. Should I replace the entire tensioner or is a larger pulley ok?

And somehow I'm still producing boost at highway speeds when I give it some heavy gas pedal action. What's that about?

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
Awesome. As for the tensioner, I just figured it'd be the only thing allowing for the slack. The car wasn't missing or running wrong at all, it happened after I ran over what ever I did, and then once I took off the belt the car still ran fine, save for the weird noise under heavyish acceleration

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list