3800 Bought a Viper!

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Not the car though ;)

LTD Viper 301 w/EMG81/85 (same as Viper400) Set neck.
Was saving for an Ibanez RGT6EXFX, but got sick of waiting. This thing plays amazingly, not even a comparision to my ibanez.

DSCF0778.jpg

I

imported_1fastGTP

yeah, i have a gibson.. i dont play it anymore tho... thought id throw it in since were on the topic of guitars, maybe someone would like this? i also have a peavy 110 amp. i dont know how much they sell for... but nice guitar kyle.

thesexy99GT

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
nice guitar indeed. my friend down here has 2 of those and loves them. nice choice although i personally prefer neck through designs. both of my guitars have them, i have a fully redone 82 gibson explorer with hand-wrapped seymor duncan pickups, and a 06 schecter c-1 hellraiser with active emg's.

happy shredding

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
well like i said i woulda got something neck thru, but this was just too cheap. $380 shipped for a set neck 24fret Active EMG guitar was something I couldnt pass up.

main reason for not wanting a gibson was mostly because its hard to find 24 fret SGs (and I need that for one song I play), and they dont sell any with active pickups for a reasonable price.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I got it on ebay, honestly didnt think I was gonna win it cuz I was just kind of bidding up the price to what these usually go for and somehow got it on the cheap.

I took it in to samash today (dont like the guys that work at guitar center) and had it set up. Considering the previous owner played in DROP A# and had an oddball sized mixed set of string on there.

Got it setup for a full step down (D G C F A D) and had the action raised a little and setup for .10 strings. The action is awesome, I'm surprised at how easily I can play certain things that were tough on my Ibanez.

Now all I need is a Marshall Mode Four and I'm set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info